Problems shifting out of 1st when cold - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 14th, 2006, 10:39 PM
chalkcreek
Mark Williams

Problems shifting out of 1st when cold

My '97 D-90 automatic tranny is having trouble shifting out of first gear afte a cold start (mornings etc.) Seems to run up to about 3,500 - 4,000 before it even thinks about shifting. After it has warmed up it shifts fine. Thinking that it may be a viscocity issue (cold no flow, warm good flow) I had a new transmission filter kit installed. This made it mildly better, but I am still concerned about the high rpm shifting in the morning.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 14th, 2006, 10:50 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
You might check first for a loose vacuum line. That happened on one of my automatic cars that would not shift out of first. A disconnected vaccum line was the culprit and the tranny shifted again.
Old July 14th, 2006, 10:56 PM
chalkcreek
Mark Williams

Thanks, am crawling under it (or into it) in the morning to look around.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
problems