Price opinion! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 12th, 2004, 07:59 AM
mlw911
Michael Walter
1995 D90 ST

Price opinion!

Hello all, newbie with a price question on a D90 I'm looking into.

It is a 94 ST with 50k. It is in good overall condition. Original top I believe. New tires were recently put on the car. The car is stock except for a brush guard and borla exhaust. This car is in the southeast.

What would you consider a decent price range on this car? I know the seller has tried to sell before unsuccessfully. I thought $20-$25.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2004, 08:20 AM
dbwitt
Darrin Witt
1995 Defender 90

Price

That seems to be about the going rate. Check the history on Car Fax. It may not have always been in the warm Southeast all its life.
Old May 12th, 2004, 08:48 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Also see if your local LR dealer will run the VIN too for anything that might throw flags up. The price range is not bad for a truck with 50K.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2004, 10:18 AM
jstrong98
Jon Strong

I agree on the vehicle report. My PO had a copy with the truck when I went to check it out along with every receipt for anything that had ever been done to the truck.

He also took it to LR and had the pre-owned cert inspection done, LR will not certify them, but they did complete the inspection checklist and verify that it is in good shape. PO also paid for the 60K service and delivered the truck to me. Guess I got lucky. My truck is a beaut, all original and in what I consider excellent condition. Paid 27 K for it with 5 tops, brush guards, side steps, and a few other goodies. Also threw in 5 oil filters, air filters, and a box of new LR weather stripping.

Keep looking, there are good ones out there !!

JS

Check rovers north vehicle sale page, I think there is still a 94 ST that is mint for around 28-30 K.
Old May 12th, 2004, 10:24 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Some other sites to gauge pricing are LRX and Autotrader.com

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old May 14th, 2004, 11:51 AM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Def. Don't jump all over the first one you see...When i was looking for my 97 i called every dealership on the east coast then started on some secondary used car places with good reputations...If you take your time and do the research you will be able to find a 90 that you want....

Jason Habbal

Land Rover-The Best 4x4xFar
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:21 PM
mlw911
Michael Walter
1995 D90 ST

Another one...

Looking at another car this weekend, a1994 St with 30k on the clock with 2 new tops and overall in pretty good shape. It does need new tires and some rust cleanup underneath also. Price is 26k. One of our posters has a 95 for 26-27k with 60k advertised in the for sale section that seems like a nice truck also. Thoughts and opinions.
Old May 26th, 2004, 01:23 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

You can find a good deal if you look hard enough. I bought mine cheap with some issues (did not run). Fixed the issues, bought a hardtop for it and would be happy to see 19 for it now w the 97k it has on it. See bio Ron Brown

Defineately look for a southern truck. Mine is very much rust free though the ones I saw coming through the dealer (which lived in phila) were not. Not a huge issue but over time rust is the real killer. Interior is cheap to replace, mechanics can be spendy but not prohibitive however a rotton frame or bulkhead or even body cappings and you are into some serious issues $$$$.

The other big thing is what issues does it have and what is your tolerance for issues. if you are one of those people who cannot stand a drop of oil on the ground you need to be careful as you can easily spend crazy money fixing leaks.

Ron
Old May 26th, 2004, 01:24 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

A maintaince history is helpful. Also, if it only got 7500 oil changes you will have a junked up engine, even at 50k, again not a huge issue but it will hamper its lifespan.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions