Price drop on heated windscreen glass - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 11th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Question Price drop on heated windscreen glass

A little bird in Kansas just told me that prices seem to have dropped with some sources on replacement military style 2 wire heated windscreen glass down to the $4 hundy range. Anybody have any first hand knowledge?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 11th, 2006, 06:13 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

There are 2 types. The stock NAS 110 unit still means big bucks, but the second version, that takes a little re-wiring of the plug in wire placement in the NAS 110 is far cheaper. Part # RRC7310

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old August 12th, 2006, 03:29 AM
RyanS
Ryan
'93 NAS 110

Mike,

Are there any problems (other than some re-wiring) with using the 2-wire windscreen in an NAS110 (I'm assuming the 2 styles you mention are the 2-wire and 3-wire)? What is the difference? Is it just the number of heating zones or does one perform better than the other or ???

Thanks,
Ryan

BTW, I recently asked George at RDS if he had any heated windscreens, and he didn't. Someone previously posted that RN has both the 2-wire and 3-wire windscreens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 13th, 2006, 01:58 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

How about even cheaper? I bought my replacement heated windscreen from www.uroglas.com It's a UK company, but you can order directly from their website and yes they ship to the USA. Uroglas is the company that most UK Land Rover parts suppliers (like Craddocks) use.

It's a two zone element and the connection points are on the bottom. The NAS windscreen connection points are along the top, so you have to extend the wiring some. Works fine. I can't remember exactly what I paid, but it seems like it was either 99 or 149 pounds. I was worried about shipping glass from the UK, but it's really well packed and I had no problems. I purchased a heated rear door glass and had it shipped from the UK as well. Again, no problems.

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Old August 13th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
I started with Uroglas, but after 3 weeks and 5 phone calls, I gave up on getting a shipping cost estimate from them. During my last contact with them, they told me that the shipping would make the cost unreasonable.

How much did you pay for shipping Chance?
Old August 13th, 2006, 08:44 PM
steinhnj
Neil Steinhagen
1990 Perentie GS

Mark, I'm interested if you want to go in on a multiple order with Uroglass. I have relatives in Raleigh, so shipping it to NC would be fine.

-Neil
Old August 13th, 2006, 09:39 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkellgr
I started with Uroglas, but after 3 weeks and 5 phone calls, I gave up on getting a shipping cost estimate from them. During my last contact with them, they told me that the shipping would make the cost unreasonable.

How much did you pay for shipping Chance?
OK, I went back and checked my records. It looks like I actually ordered the windscreen (125 pounds) and heated rear glass (65 pounds) from John Craddock's. It looks like Craddocks charged me $116 in shipping. So it looks like I got both pieces for about $475 including shipping. Still a bargain considering RN wants $888 for those two pieces (not including shipping!).

When I got it, I saw that it was Uroglas (which I hadn't heard of before), went to their website, saw that they sold it direct for 99 pounds and promptly kicked myself in the arse. Doh! On the plus side, Craddocks was VERY easy to deal with and the shipping for both pieces of glass took less than a week. I would definitely do business with Craddocks again. From your experience with Uroglas, maybe the extra $47 might be worth it!

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Old August 14th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Neil,
I will check with Craddock and uroglas to see if there is any shipping efficiencies on ordering more than one. My truck is in kansas with Pendy, so shipping to NC isn't much of a benefit to either of us.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
glass