Press Brake or indicators light and engine shuts down - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 25th, 2015, 10:29 PM
Raul Ruiz
2010/ Puma 110
Press Brake or indicators light and engine shuts down

Im Raul Ruiz from Dominican Republic, I bought a 2010 Land Rover Defender 110 Puma Engine a bout a month ago.

I don't know why but my defender some times, when i hit the brakes or put the directionals on it goes off suddenly! Only when is neutral or with the clutch on. it has happened to me like 5 times since i bought it, sometimes it just happened when i start the engine, sometimes running.

I have talk with some mechanics and the land rover house here in Dominican Republic, and they have never seem something like that before. Im taking my defender to the mechanic next Monday, to see if they can find something.

I want to know if some of you have experience something like that or know what i can do to fix it. It will be much appreciated im going nuts to find what is happening, because dosent make any sense.

I made 2 videos of what is happening to me, so you can a have a clear vision, because i know is very strange. Here are the videos Links

Old December 26th, 2015, 12:02 AM
Greg S
Greg Sutfin
1986 90
It is as simple as a poor earth connection. Good luck finding which one has gone bad and where it is. Try running a replacement from the negative terminal on the battery to several earthing connections behind the dash and from the chassis to the bulkhead (fire wall) and make doubly sure the original battery to chassis and battery to engine block earth connections are really good.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

brake, engine, ht