Pre purchase ????'s - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 11th, 2005, 08:49 PM
gregorys1030
Gregory Ashcroft

Pre purchase ????'s

For those of you who know or might have experienced any problems before...I am new to the board and see that is a great bit of information available. Looks like a great forum.

I am looking at possible purchasing a 1994 Defender 90 as something to toy around with, i have owned a 1996 discovery and a 95 range rover but not had much success. What are some things i should look for in a higher mileage Defender. Any specifics??? also what are the long term repairs i might need to look for, i know to an extent some of the axles are similiar to the Toyota's so i have some knowledge there as i have also owned a few Cruisers as well. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks to all in advance.

Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 11th, 2005, 09:00 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Greg - where are you at in NC? I'm in Columbia SC and my truck is half disassembled (i.e. easy to inspect) - I can give you more knowledge in a half hour of showing you stuff on the truck than I could possibly type here.
Old January 11th, 2005, 11:56 PM
gregorys1030
Gregory Ashcroft

I am located in raleigh, NC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 12th, 2005, 01:33 PM
ripp2002
L C
94 Defender 90

TDi is that invitation open to anyone? I might be able to learn something.

Larry
Old January 12th, 2005, 03:51 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Absolutely an open invite! Please come on by - I love talking Rover - and if anyone can benefit from the stuff I've figured out the hard way, so much the better.

Greg - dont know if you want to drive all that far! I'll try to compose some useful info later.
Old January 12th, 2005, 09:26 PM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
hey greg,
just being curious, do you have a certain defender in mind? And by chance are looking at the '94 at Land Rover Cary now? I go to UNC Chapel Hill and live in Cary so I am in the area a good bit. I don't know if could help with anything, but let me know if there is something i can do anything.
Mike

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions