Pre-purchase inspection in LA area - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 1st, 2011, 11:32 AM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Pre-purchase inspection in LA area

Hey guys, I'm another one of those red meat eating idiots that has been fantasizing over Defenders since I was born. I'm finally in the position to purchase, now that I've watched D90's exponentially climb in value, and have one located in the LA area. I live in Georgia currently and do not have time to fly out to inspect it, and to be honest I'd rather have a Defender "expert" do it anyway.

I'm looking for a reputable shop in the LA area to do a pre-purchase. Any recommendations? Or perhaps I could convince one of you fine gents on this board to take a look? I'm not popping much up on the search function..

Thanks!

BTW, looking for a '97 SW, white, good plastics inside and minimal/no rust outside. Don't care about mileage but am not paying over $30ish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 1st, 2011, 11:39 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Send a message to BJF. Or wait 2 minutes and he will respond.
Old July 1st, 2011, 12:04 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Hey Sam, welcome to the club... I will PM you my contact info, if you need some pointers on things to look at.

Scott

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 1st, 2011, 12:38 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Hi

I have no problem looking at a truck for you but I am out of town right now. Send me a PM and I will do what I can or look over what you are looking at and tell you if I know the truck and my thoughts.
Old July 1st, 2011, 12:40 PM
specops1526
Brian
Beluga '97 90

Depends on where the truck is. Westside shops are 4 Oaks, British Car Service and maybe Mitchells (never been but I think they get good reviews). Do you know where the truck is located?

I think a '97 with the specs you're looking for and at that price may be hard to find unless it has high miles. I could be wrong, I'm not up on my pricing.

-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Old July 2nd, 2011, 09:26 AM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Thanks guys. I'm still negotiating some details on the 90. I'll PM the location/details to Barry and Brian here hopefully by the end of today. Scott, I'll give you a call. I'm down in the Columbus area. I'm not in a super hurry, but would like to get the truck on a transport if all is kosher by this week.
Old July 15th, 2011, 05:24 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Well, this process has been interesting. I pulled out of a few deals and had a seller back out, some guys act like their giving away their first born. But, i finally pulled the trigger on a 97 SW White 90. Just driving back home from Florida where the truck has been for the last 40k miles. Anyone familiar with #0008? Ill fly down next week and drive her back to Georgia. Got some pics that I'll post tonight when I get home. Now I need some oil cooler lines ASAP.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
inspection