powertank problem - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 27th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Gore Ranger
Jeff
1989 RRC

powertank problem

last time I went wheeling, my regulator (the big silver knob you turn) froze up and wont budge. It wont move, with the main, black screw valve open or closed, it doesnt matter.

As you can see, there is still pressure in the regulator. I can't bleed it out, since the knob wont turn.

Has anyone else experienced this problem.

According to my estimates, I should still have 7-8lbs of CO2 in the tank. I have only tried turning the knob with my bare hands.

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010029.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	12774   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010030.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	12775  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 27th, 2008, 08:00 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Try moving it with a pair of Channel locks. Another option is to plug the hose in and bleed the air out that way.

Another option is to call Powertank, they are still open since they are in Cali. I have two tanks, and they their service has been great.

Old March 30th, 2008, 10:38 AM
mhansen
Mike Hansen
97 D-90 SW #2243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore Ranger
last time I went wheeling, my regulator (the big silver knob you turn) froze up and wont budge. It wont move, with the main, black screw valve open or closed, it doesnt matter.

As you can see, there is still pressure in the regulator. I can't bleed it out, since the knob wont turn.

Has anyone else experienced this problem.

According to my estimates, I should still have 7-8lbs of CO2 in the tank. I have only tried turning the knob with my bare hands.

Any ideas?
Jeff,

Just shut the main tank valve and crack the nut, there is alot of pressure but very little volume, you will be fine, I have forgoton to blead off my regulator on the argon tank on my welder and removed the regulator, about 2500 psi. you will hear a little pop and air excape but probebly not enough to blow wind through your hair.

MH

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions