Powered sub and amp single modulation of volume - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 14th, 2011, 10:05 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Powered sub and amp single modulation of volume

I recently dumped my head unit, changer etc. It was so '90's. Installed a marine Pyle unit which has a volume control and links to my ipad/iphone while charging them. It is a 4 channel unit and I have kenwood powered sub in the back running off it via the speaker level outputs on the amp(across channel)

Problem: Everything works great but in the current config, the sub and amp have separate controls for volume. I clearly knew about this before, but didn't really anticipate what a pain in the butt it is modulating the sub resonance with the amp volume.

I'd like to integrate the two to make a single controller. Any thoughts on a solution? I'd prefer not to go the separate amp and sub route.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 14th, 2011, 10:59 AM
kevkon
kevin
1994 D90 300tdi #730, SIII 88

Can you be more specific on the units installed and how you have them connected?
Old June 15th, 2011, 08:03 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Pyle 4 channel marine amp. Inputs coming from ipad are RCA, across all four channels. Ipad harness has a pre-amp output for the Kenwood powered sub (KSC SW10). So sub is wired to sound pre-amp. The post amp wiring is all the standard LR speaker wiring found in the seatbox. The amp has it's own volume control that controls the speaker level volume.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 15th, 2011, 09:49 AM
kevkon
kevin
1994 D90 300tdi #730, SIII 88

I may be wrong, but I think you are stuck with the two controls with that configuation. If you had gone ( or go) with a reciever head unit, then you would possibly be able to control your amp and sub from a single source. Also, with the power of that amp I would not use the oem light gauge speaker wires.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
mod