Power Steering Pump Alternative crappy stock one - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 19th, 2014, 03:52 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Power Steering Pump Alternative crappy stock one

This is another one of Nick' creations. It is mounting brackets to use a much higher flow power steering pump with reservoir instead of the remote resevoir set up that is in Defenders, Discos (1s) and Classics with a serpentine belt. This one is currently on a disco. I was over at Nick's house and one of his friends stopped by with Nick's creation on it so I snapped some pics if anyone is interested shoot him a pm.

so basically you ditch your old pump, lines, reservoir and stock mount and go with a new pump and a high pressure braided line and return line. I think the hoses are right from Summit and I don't think it matters where you get the pump but he has the info.
And sorry for the bad pic as it there is plenty of clearance between the pulley and upper radiator hose
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	powersterring pump.png
Views:	54
Size:	398.2 KB
ID:	89978   Click image for larger version

Name:	powersterring pump1.png
Views:	51
Size:	516.5 KB
ID:	89979  

Click image for larger version

Name:	powersteering pump2.png
Views:	49
Size:	474.8 KB
ID:	89980   Click image for larger version

Name:	powersterring pump3.png
Views:	50
Size:	451.0 KB
ID:	89981  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions