Powder coat recommendations - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 7th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Verner Berry
Verner Berry
97 D90

Powder coat recommendations

Anybody have any recommendations for powder coating in the Nashville, TN area? Looking to do the roll bars and rear bumper step. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 14th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Verner Berry
Verner Berry
97 D90

I had my roll bars and rear step powder coated at Mr. Speed Powder Coating in Nashville, TN and I have to say I am very impressed with their whole operation. It is a father and son team that specialize in custom residential items, specifically rims, so their attention to detail is above some of the other guys (IMO), this is after spending 30 min talking with the guy. They charged a total of $220 which seems like a steal when I was quoted $700 at another shop, this is due to their ability to strip the metal using a dipping tank (can do up to 20 feet in length) which drastically reduces the labor cost. I highly recommend talking with them if you have any powder coating needs in the future.

And as I was picking my pieces up I noticed a nice pair of custom wing vents off a defender, so I know I'm not the only one.....
Old February 9th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Nashville
Victor Hess
1997 Defender 90 NAS

Registry
Thanks, this is perfect! I'm looking to do my step bumper and possibly the spare tire carrier here in Nashville. I'll check them out first.
1997 D90 ST NAS #1426
British Racing Green

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions