Polybush vs LR suspension bushings - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 18th, 2013, 12:04 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflash868 View Post
Polybush was probably the worst product i've ever put on my D90. They were installed on the radius arms and trailing arms right before a trip to Moab. Drove x-country with no issue.. did one trail.. ONE.. and both rears failed. When I say failed.. i mean the rubber fell apart and disintegrated. As I drove, the rear axle would shift around and I'd have to correct with the steering wheel whether i was on the gas or brake. Same suspension.. put on OEM rubber and no issue after 50+ trails.

Changing these bushing are a bitch.. might as well do it right. go OEM for sure. Some people seem to have a fine experience with em but I would say they are down right dangerous on even a slightly modified defender.
Which flavor (color) were you using?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 18th, 2013, 10:59 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Just as another data point, I am very happy with my red polybush branded bushings I got from Lucky8. They have endured more off-road action than most will ever see without issue. I have seen them fail miserably on other trucks though (forget what color).

Is there a consensus that genuine rubber bushings are inferior to ones made 20+ years ago?
Old September 18th, 2013, 12:49 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflash868 View Post
Polybush was probably the worst product i've ever put on my D90. They were installed on the radius arms and trailing arms right before a trip to Moab. Drove x-country with no issue.. did one trail.. ONE.. and both rears failed. When I say failed.. i mean the rubber fell apart and disintegrated. As I drove, the rear axle would shift around and I'd have to correct with the steering wheel whether i was on the gas or brake. Same suspension.. put on OEM rubber and no issue after 50+ trails.

Changing these bushing are a bitch.. might as well do it right. go OEM for sure. Some people seem to have a fine experience with em but I would say they are down right dangerous on even a slightly modified defender.
My experience too, only the EXACT OPPOSITE! LOL.
Installed these Orange Polybushes yesterday, can't wait to try them out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 18th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Howski
Kevin
2002 Land Rover Discovery II

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
Is there a consensus that genuine rubber bushings are inferior to ones made 20+ years ago?
This is why I revived this thread and seems to be what most are saying.
Old September 18th, 2013, 03:12 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

So, let me get this straight. The consensus is that the best bushes are Genuine, Red, Orange, and Blue Polys and the worst are Genuine, Red, Orange, and Blue Polys. Ok, got it!
Old September 18th, 2013, 04:08 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
I think the only consensus is a Brazilian bush is always appreciated.
Old August 11th, 2016, 10:23 AM
AdamSanta85
Adam
91' D90 200TDI

Registry
Any update on this? The Genuines seem to cost around $600 from RN? Or do you guys mean the part numbers that end in G from say LRDirect?
Old August 11th, 2016, 11:25 AM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
I have been running Polybush orange. I picked them up from YRM, along with their graded stainless hardware. YRM Metal Solutions - Love it, YRM it

99% road driving since they have been on, Vancouver to Joshua Tree CA. and back, local city driving etc. Couple offroad trips.

I'm very happy with the results thus far. The ride is not harsh or uncomfortable at all. (I'm running OME springs and shocks)
Old August 11th, 2016, 01:10 PM
hcdmueller
Chris Mueller
88 D-90

If you want another option, try the Superpro bushings out of Australia. I put them on my 90 and it was night and day difference. No extra noise/vibrations or ride quality issues and much tighter handling. The Superpro stuff has a much better reputation compared with other poly brands.
Old August 11th, 2016, 01:33 PM
AdamSanta85
Adam
91' D90 200TDI

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcdmueller View Post
If you want another option, try the Superpro bushings out of Australia. I put them on my 90 and it was night and day difference. No extra noise/vibrations or ride quality issues and much tighter handling. The Superpro stuff has a much better reputation compared with other poly brands.
That is what I was leaning towards. I've used SuperPro on some Subaru's in the past with good results. The Genuine are too rich for my blood. How do you know what width radius arms you have? (They have two kits)

Any comments on good non lifting "Genuine" suspension springs? Or do I have to pony up the $400?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
bushings