POE Hardtop to Soft Top Conversion - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 3rd, 2008, 11:05 AM
2007 LR3
Question POE Hardtop to Soft Top Conversion

How difficult would it be to replace a POE hardtop setup with the standard NAS ST and full Safari Cage?

Has anyone done this before? An NAS ST seems easy enough to find, but I haven't been able to find a full Safari Cage. Rovers North told me it could cost up to $8,000 to purchase a Safari Cage- and they didn't know where to find one- besides the original cage manufacturer in the UK.

I assume the front portion of the POE cage is the same as the standard ST safari cage- and not the SW cage, right? If so, does anyone have a specific parts list as to safari cage components needed for POE to ST conversion?

Cost estimate?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 12:01 PM
Steve Maietta
1969 IIA 88" Bugeye
Isn't there a company in south cali "Urban Offroad" making full external/internal rollcage kits?? Didn't I see one of their creations on Ebay??

The originals were by Safetydevices (UK) right? might contact them..

There's always ECR in Maine.

good luck

"Yeah, make sure its a flatbed...."
Old June 3rd, 2008, 12:30 PM
I have never seen a rover in person
I did it to mine. I was able to find used cage parts and netted out with selling the POE top. However, softtop cage parts are hard to find and the ones you will find the foam usually is pretty bad.

You need the B-pillar hoop, the two canrails, the C-pillar hoop and the two diagonals. Everything else is on the POE. If you want a soft top, you need the header bar, the two five snap door bars and the alpine bar.
*not legal advice*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

conversion, hardtop, soft top