please forgive nembie~ - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 26th, 2005, 02:17 PM
scubadanster
daniel park
1997 defender 90

please forgive nembie~

hey gang.

i feel so lame asking this, but here seems to be the place to ask...

anyhow, since i am new to the d90 world.......

took the rig to get an oil change and check up at the dealer...and yes, they asked me to bend over as i paid $200 for essentially an oil change...

nonetheless, a service tech asked me if i wanted to try the rock hill at the dealer....and so we did.....

since my truck is "stuck" on the HIGH part of the transfer case.....we tried climbing the rock....it made it out fine....i was wondering, when you guys climb rocks, is it suppose to be in LOW??? felt like one of my wheels was slipping....wasn't catching too well......

anyhow, we made it out fine....i had a blast on this mini-adventure....and the funny thing is.....

after we climbed it.....a few lookers rushed out to see the d90......they all loved it......
as the sales guy ran out and said, "hey....you're not suppose to do that."

lol!

so! low or high for rock climbing????

have a grrrrrrreat weekend all..

-dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 26th, 2005, 02:40 PM
DaveHuny
Van Der Waal
none

Wow. $200 for an oil change. If I lived near you, I'd offer to do them for $100 Is your D90 still under warranty? You can still have the oil changes done by any garage at all.

Put it into Low any time you're on a road you wouldn't drive a normal car. Lock the center diff if you're on a slippery surface.

Crawl under your truck with a can of WD-40 and squirt it up above the transfer case to free up the lever. Don't let it drip into your eyes. This happens all the time to Land Rovers that don't get used as intended. The transfer lever gets rusted in place.

Dave
Old February 27th, 2005, 02:01 AM
scubadanster
daniel park
1997 defender 90

thanks, davey~

-dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 27th, 2005, 02:34 AM
BarryO
Barry O'Mahony
97 D-90 SW LE

You can easily do your own oil changes. On a D-90 it's easy, no need to jack up the vehicle. And you can do it outside year-round where you live. Just make sure to re-fill the sump with oil before taking off the filter, and fill the new filter with oil before installing it.

Any time you're on trails doing the sub-25 MPH stuff, you get alot more control with it in Low. You should try to get it "unstuck".

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions