Plastic in doors - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 23rd, 2009, 02:59 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Plastic in doors

Do you really need the plastic sheet that is inside roll up doors? I read it was to stop condensation and rust. If that is true does anyone know where you can get new ones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 23rd, 2009, 03:39 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

You can probably order them, but what I did was just go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get some heavy duty plastic sheeting. They sell it for drop clothes, or you can get large contractor bags. They sell them in a variety of weights measured in Mils. I bought a roll of that and used 3M strip caulk around the edges of the door. Stuck the plastic sheeting to it and trimmed it with a razor blade. Then I installed the door panel. They call them splash shields usually, and they are there so that any water that gets by the window seals stays inside the door and drains rather than soaking the back of the door panels and damaging them.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 05:02 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

cool I have the strip caulk so I guess I will go to homedepot. so just heavy drop clothes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 23rd, 2009, 05:56 PM
mattarm
Matt
1993 D110

HD sells a 3Mil contractor trash bag that holds up to a ton of abuse that could easily be cut to size.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 05:57 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
pond liner!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 06:02 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Jim

Is that what you use?

matt

is the contractor trash bag clear?
Old June 23rd, 2009, 06:08 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Contractor bags are usually black I think. The stuff I bought was drop cloth I think. It was either 3 or 5mil and it was sort of a milky white. Not really white or clear, but somewhere in between. It was a few bucks for a roll of it at Lowe's and there was a lot left over for other things.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 06:22 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
The new water barrier is a molded foam material, much nicer than the original plastic. I'm using the pond liner.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 06:50 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

Why not us bitch a thane? Water resistant and might even help for sound proofing. Might be a bitch to install though(no pun intended)
Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:01 PM
mattarm
Matt
1993 D110

Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf
Jim

Is that what you use?

matt

is the contractor trash bag clear?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
door