Pitman Arm Removal... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 5th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Chris Davis
94 D90, 88 RRC
Pitman Arm Removal...

I got stuck last night trying to remove the pitman arm from steering box on my RRC. I don't think it has been removed in 20 years--I've never taken it off, and I've owned it for 10 years. That sucker was stuck hard, and I know most the tricks on removal. I knew I needed some help and that I needed another tool... so I went to my trusty Harbor Freight. Hey, cheap tools, but some are just great and I have a store near by. I got the Pitman and Tie Rod Puller for a whopping $9.99 (tool number 1752). It would have been $8 if my 20% off coupon wasn't expired. Anyways, it fits fine and paired with an impact gun, I was done in under a minute. Thought THAT was worth passing on. http://www.harborfreight.com/tie-rod...ller-1752.html

Old April 5th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110
Gotta love Chinese metal!
A guy told me one time "don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat from around the corner"

Robert Deniro

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions