Pitman arm Picture - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 26th, 2006, 02:36 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Pitman arm Picture

Hey,

Can somebody post a picture of a stock pitman arm. Demensions would be really cool too is someone has them! Thanks!

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 26th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Which dimensions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pitman1.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	5144   Click image for larger version

Name:	pitman2.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	5145  

Old February 26th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Hayward
Which dimensions?
Thanks a lot! I needed lenth and drop but I can tell from the pics that it will not work for what I was going to try. Thanks again!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 26th, 2006, 09:59 PM
revor
Keith Kreutzer
Old beat up 110
D-90 Source Vendor

You're smokin that stuff again aren't you David?

???????

Keith

Big, Red and ... aaa Red..
Old February 26th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by revor
You're smokin that stuff again aren't you David?

???????

Keith
Again? I never stopped! Actually, I have an issue. I switched my tie rod over to the top of the d60 knuckle and now at full straight compression (not articulation) the tie rod comes up and hits the pitman arm. I am trying to solve this without machining a pitman arm. I think I might just put the pitman arm on upside down and revers the hiem, it will net me one inch. But the best thing to do is machine a flat pitman arm. Actually, a picture is a lot easier.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010214.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	5151   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010215.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	5152  

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old February 27th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Scott 9835
Scott Falter
95 D90

Cool Heat it up

Get a torch and heat the ____- out of it and bend it. It will bend but make sure you take it off the box so you dont burn the seals up. Put it in a vise heat it up so it is bright red and have friend (if you got any) bend it with a wrench or pipe. You can bend any way you want. Let it cool by it self. Dont add water or anything else. I have done it before and it works good.
Old February 28th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott 9835
Get a torch and heat the ____- out of it and bend it. It will bend but make sure you take it off the box so you dont burn the seals up. Put it in a vise heat it up so it is bright red and have friend (if you got any) bend it with a wrench or pipe. You can bend any way you want. Let it cool by it self. Dont add water or anything else. I have done it before and it works good.

I never thought of that. Its a good idea, thanks. I think I am going to source another Ford one, and if I can't find the right one, I will try this!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 4th, 2006, 06:02 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Use a disco pitman arm and weld and remachine it for the ball joint to sit on top.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions