Pissed. And Alternator Wiring Help Needed. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 27th, 2014, 09:42 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Pissed. And Alternator Wiring Help Needed.

Spent the last few days messing with the front end of the 90, and as I was reattaching the Power Steering resi, I noticed the AC compressor had charge to it. As in electrical charge. As I was about to thumb through RAVE to figure out where the ground wire really attaches to, I found out that some idiot had sideswiped our 6 month old commuter/nanny mobile in a parking lot, then left the scene of course. So if someone could let me know where the ground wire that attaches to the passenger side fender above the power steering resi goes to as I deal with insurance and alternating bouts of rage, that'd be appreciated.

I wondered why my insurance went up when we moved here to Mexico, I mean Texas. Fricken 3rd world country drivers here with no insurance or registration, or legality for that matter. This is like driving in Iraq/AFG only that I don't have a .50 cal handy. Fricken affirmative action/third world country drivers here. Bunch of morons, and we welcome them with open arms and our paychecks. And my insurance.

/rant over.

Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2604052322.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	386.3 KB
ID:	99523

Name:	image-3392397540.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	411.4 KB
ID:	99524

Name:	image-918866162.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	392.5 KB
ID:	99526
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 28th, 2014, 12:04 AM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Is that the secret prototype Land Rover has been working on for 2025?
If you had told me you were moving here, I could have warned you in advance. It's like "oh well. It's just a fender."
No one here has any respect for anything. Nor do they have insurance.
In my case, the guy was drinker than Cooter Brown and no insurance.
I can't wait to move back to Louisiana.
By the way. Even though my name is spelled "Luis" I have no Hispanic in me.
Old July 28th, 2014, 12:55 AM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

I am so glad both of y'all have said you're not from here.
Found the silver lining!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 28th, 2014, 02:10 AM
javelinadave
-
-

Been hit 3 times here in the metro Phoenix area in the last decade or so.
All 3 illegal aliens (aka unregistered future democrats).
All 3 had no license and no insurance.

It's not just Texas that is being invaded as a result of the governments failed immigration system. I feel for you Sam. I paid my daughters deductible a few weeks back for damage done to her car. A landscape truck ripped a hole in her front bumper with his rear step bumper and drove off. Any guess on that drivers legal status?
Old July 28th, 2014, 04:21 AM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Bring our troops home and use them for what they should be used. Defending the country. Make the border one long military base. Just like the border between North and South Korea. So it upsets the president of Mexico. No loss.
Old July 28th, 2014, 10:08 PM
dameek
Dennis Meek
95 D90 #2826 Bought New

What the ???

One thing I have always liked about following the D90 Source was that it was about Land Rovers and their owners. I bought my D90 new in 1995 and still drive it on a daily basis. Today, reading this thread, has changed my mind about the D90 Source. Now it has become a sounding board for racial slurs and hatred and no one has spoken up. Well, I am speaking up against this bigotry and hate, and I will no longer be a member of this loose knit community of Land Rover owners. So long and goodbye D90.
Old July 28th, 2014, 10:13 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Via con queso amigo, via con queso.
Old July 28th, 2014, 10:37 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameek View Post
One thing I have always liked about following the D90 Source was that it was about Land Rovers and their owners. I bought my D90 new in 1995 and still drive it on a daily basis. Today, reading this thread, has changed my mind about the D90 Source. Now it has become a sounding board for racial slurs and hatred and no one has spoken up. Well, I am speaking up against this bigotry and hate, and I will no longer be a member of this loose knit community of Land Rover owners. So long and goodbye D90.
Nice ..
Old July 29th, 2014, 12:14 AM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dameek View Post
I never stated I hated immigrants. Heck, I was married to one. If they come here legally, they abide by the laws, and don't try to force me to adapt to their ways, I have no problem. I have lots of Hispanic friends.
My family immigrated here from Ireland and adopted the culture here.

------ Follow up post added July 28th, 2014 11:17 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Via con queso amigo, via con queso.
What's with the friendly cheese?
Old July 29th, 2014, 01:25 AM
Viton
Deaf Ember
Smart 4x4

Have yet to meet anyone who is not a "bigot" (intolerant) in one form or another, and this includes Dennis Meek. He has just shown he is bigoted towards another persons views. I think Dennis' view would alter his opinion significantly if Obama was forcing illegals down his communities throat.
Old July 29th, 2014, 09:11 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
To be fair, it is impossible to comprehend the experiences of others that lead them to be inclined to be sensitive about peoples comments.

Also to be fair when the Irish came they came legally because they had an affordable avenue to do so. We have effectively eliminated that option for many people south of the border, thus hurting ourselves with undocumented, uninsured, unlicensed and non contributing members of our tax base. Don't blame 'Liberals' or 'Conservatives' (I can't even tell you what those terms mean) but blame your elected officials, as a whole, for not being able to come to the table to address issues that need to be addressed instead of pointing across the table using political buzzwords to pass the buck.

We are all inherently racist, you are comfortable around people who talk and look like you, imagine that? But don't judge anyone till you've walked a mile in their shoes (aka cross the border and try to make a living selling fruit at a roadside stand) and remember your ancestors came here for the same reason that immigrants come here today, to make a future for themselves and their families.

I grew up in New England, I had never experiences racism till I was in Philadelphia and the African American's I encountered didn't like me because of the color of my skin. I imagine the same is true for Mexican's and South American's in your neck of the woods. Which is the same reason I don't judge anyone for having their reservations about any ethnic or social group, frankly I don't live in border states so I have no idea what you have to deal with on a daily basis.

But that same logic stands for individuals who live and work in communities where these problems don't persist, its impossible to comprehend. It doesn't make them 'liberals' it just makes them uninformed and inexperienced. We shouldn't fault someone for being offended by your comments but we should be sensitive to the fact that they might not appreciate your opinion and do not have a reference point for your experience.

Blame Obama, blame Bush, blame whomever you want... They are all doing nothing and getting paid for it and a burden on our government and our way of life. Pretty much the largest waste of taxpayer money is the bureaucracy of government. And here you all are buying into it, blaming political parties and politicians while they all laugh it up taking kickbacks and getting pensions that you and I can't even imagine. *mic dropped*
Old July 29th, 2014, 12:32 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

The problem with interweb chatting is that true identities are hard to discern. So if you make snap judgements and base absolutes off of a single post, your loss.

And yes, I am the most racist former immigrant from an Asian country who works for the American people and was raised on a ranch out west and is married to another minority in the entire galaxy. Im so racist I can't look at myself in the mirror. If there is one group I hate worse than Mexicans, that would be Asians.

Give me a freaking break. We will never solve any problems if you refuse to identify them. And the problem here in El Paso, which the FBI identified as one of the most corrupt local governments in the country, is spillage from Juarez. Thats reality. Not just in government but in attitudes as well. And there is no accountability for piss poor behavior here, a common problem in many of the third world countries Ive spent time in.

I have a vested interest in this country; literally blood, sweat and tears. As an immigrant myself, Im very pro-immigration, done the right way. We are NOT doing it right.

If you immigrate into this country, the US flag should be at the top of your flagpole. Literally and figuratively. You can celebrate your heritage all you want, but your allegiance to this country should come first. And if you want to come here for employment, follow our damn rules. Im not asking you to sacrifice your first born at the alter of Lincoln or pray to the all White Jesus. And if you are a citizen, act with some damn decency, not down to the lowest common denominator.

Oh, and tach wire fixed.
Old July 29th, 2014, 12:45 PM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
To some degree, I have been there. I may not have walked across a river. Just a little insight to my misfortunes and experiences. And I'll make it short.
A few years ago, I lost my home to fire. Good time to find out I was under insured. I fell on hard times. I ran out of money fast. Found myself sleeping in my car. I sought assistance. My first experience to "reverse discrimination" I was turned down. The reason given to me was I was not Hispanic. Yes I was told that, can you believe. I would go to the airport and turn in luggage carts for 25 cents so I could eat at Taco Bell.
On top of that, my mom, whom I was taking care of, had no health insurance. She had a medical issue and went to the free clinic. Again, turned away because the last name was not Hernandez.
I sold the property for land value and tried to restart. I have never fully recovered. I can tell you right now, after almost 10 years, I have $600 in my savings and 0 in my checking till pay day.
I will add that the ONLY person who helped me in anyway was a D-90 member name Jim Pendleton. No one else offered.
Old July 29th, 2014, 01:00 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMac View Post
tach wire fixed.
Glad to hear it!
Old July 29th, 2014, 01:05 PM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMac View Post
The problem with interweb chatting is that true identities are hard to discern. So if you make snap judgements and base absolutes off of a single post, your loss. And yes, I am the most racist former immigrant from an Asian country who works for the American people and was raised on a ranch out west and is married to another minority in the entire galaxy. Im so racist I can't look at myself in the mirror. If there is one group I hate worse than Mexicans, that would be Asians. Give me a freaking break. We will never solve any problems if you refuse to identify them. And the problem here in El Paso, which the FBI identified as one of the most corrupt local governments in the country, is spillage from Juarez. Thats reality. Not just in government but in attitudes as well. And there is no accountability for piss poor behavior here, a common problem in many of the third world countries Ive spent time in. I have a vested interest in this country; literally blood, sweat and tears. As an immigrant myself, Im very pro-immigration, done the right way. We are NOT doing it right. If you immigrate into this country, the US flag should be at the top of your flagpole. Literally and figuratively. You can celebrate your heritage all you want, but your allegiance to this country should come first. And if you want to come here for employment, follow our damn rules. Im not asking you to sacrifice your first born at the alter of Lincoln or pray to the all White Jesus. And if you are a citizen, act with some damn decency, not down to the lowest common denominator. Oh, and tach wire fixed.
If I have any respect for a any ethnic group that comes here, even in an illegal manner, it is the Asian group. Swimming across the Rio Grande is nothing compared to the atrocities that some Asians experience trying to get here. Crossing the Pacific in shipping containers with feces and urine all over. Only to die on the journey. I have a soft spot for Asians. I remember visiting Cambodia. I saw this child no more than 5 years of age. She was so disfigured, her face had been nearly blown off by a left over IED from the war. She had no eyelids to close over her eyes. I had to cry. So there are people that have it harder than you and I. There are people in this world that have it harder than the Mexicans. I type this as I sit in a coffee shop owned by a nice couple from Cambodia. Lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions