Pirelli Scorpion ice and snow - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 4th, 2012, 10:51 AM
defender 90
Pirelli Scorpion ice and snow

Hi all, looking to get a set of pure on road and pure off road tires for my 90. I was looking at the pirelli scorpion ice and snow 265/70 for on road wondering if anyone had used them on their 90's. Lots of feed back for other cars but wanted something specific for the 90. They also do a 235/70 and I like the look of thinner tires but heard that it may be too thin for on road.. comments??

also, one last thing. I have standard steel wheels which I'll put my onroad tires on, so getting new rims for the offroad tires, wolf or what do you all think of the new terrafirma dakar wheels. Any opinions?? personally I like the wolf wheels just wondering if anyone has something drastic that would swing my choice.

thanks in advance.

Old March 4th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Viton Johnnson
Smart 4x4
As far as the wolf wheels, check with Rovers Down South (RDS) too.

As far as highway tires I'd check on BFG's 235/85/16 commercial tires..... sometimes I'm tempted.

Old March 4th, 2012, 02:35 PM
I run the 235 85 R16 BF All Terrain T/A KO on a 110 and I am happy with the performance in snow and ice.
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
What did I miss?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions