PIAA 90 PRO XT (top) install questions... - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 30th, 2004, 01:52 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
Originally Posted by norros

Thanks & Great Question !

After ruining 3 sets of battery cable for my winch because I had it running UNDER the vehicle like someone told me to (melted 2 cheesy thin cables <cuz I didn't know you were supposed to use THICK cable> and one set of 0Gauge 2AWG wires) I ended up drilling a hole in the 'kick panel' and running them OVER the drivers side wheel well where they were CLEAR of any HEAT.

Shoot Nick! You should of just purchased a length of heat reflecting tube rather that drilling into the bulkhead. Have a look (http://www.designengineering.com/pro...sp?m=sc&cid=10). Summit Racing sells thier products. If you look at the stock battery cable that runs to your starter you'll see what I'm talking about.

Old June 30th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW
Yeah, I thought of that but I really didn't like how the cable SAT under the truck. It was always hanging here or there and I really didn't like the idea of having it running under the truck, I really just couldn't find 'the right spot' for it.
And it made the PIAA light installation a LOT easier...

Thanks for the link though... (I love links!).... I can think of other applications to use that stuff on.

Old June 30th, 2004, 04:31 PM
'94 D-90
I run my XM antenna wire through the gap in the weather stripping on the corner of the top of the door. Then down the inside of the frame under the plastic trim. Works well for them but then again they are on the thin side.

Can't you feel 'em circlin' (closin'in) honey?
Can't you feel 'em swimmin' around?
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Ex2 Adventures

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions