Parts Manual - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 6th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Indeed. My heads started to leak today, my front main seal leak got worse, both left bank O2 sensors are toast and I have an intake leak.

Looks like the D-90 will be getting some love this week. Ouch.

EwS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 6th, 2004, 09:53 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Thats what you get for having an 18k original mile defender. With Defenders, good mechanicals and good cosmetics are mutually exclusive. I expect Kimos's wagon will start leaking as soon as he finds the last plastic finisher cap for the light protector hardware

Just send George 20k and install whatever he sends you.
Old December 7th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Kimos
Larry O'Hara
1997 Defender Wagon

LOL

She's already had some of those issues and I repaired i.e. pan and seal gaskets . . .however, she still has that genuine characteristic . . . after all that she still leaves a little spot in the floor . From where I have no idea and really dont care. Hell if I fix it a new one will arise.

Guess they really are like many females . . . all that dressing and makeup covers the flaws

Now Jim, I need those finishers . . . they are like nail polish - LOL

After a long day at it calling a night

damn doors still not finished

May as well post progress, after all only Defender owners understand.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PC074032 (Small).JPG
Views:	107
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	2018   Click image for larger version

Name:	PC074040 (Small).JPG
Views:	107
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	2019  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 7th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Jim,

Screw low mileage, I want your 300tdi. Got a nice low mileage SW in trade. Leak free in 5 days with new heads!

What ya say? We can call George and have him negotiate....

EwS
Old December 7th, 2004, 10:10 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Please do not post links to illegal downloads of copywrited material on the forum.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old December 7th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Kimos
Larry O'Hara
1997 Defender Wagon

Sorry Chris,

I did not know it was illegal downloads :o

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 7th, 2004, 12:15 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

LOL.. no problem but, really, come on now.... Did that look like an authorized Ford/Land Rover media download site? No. I am sure everyone of those downloads also included ironic twist of still having the scanned disclaimer page that it was not to be redistributed.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old December 7th, 2004, 12:29 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
@Eric S - sure! No problem, i'll take your trade-in and 20k...

I bought my Tdi from Bill at TLR - he's got more I think. why dont you just make the swap yourself?
Old December 7th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Kimos
Larry O'Hara
1997 Defender Wagon

Hey man, I was just trying to find a diagram to help explain to George what I needed

Besides, D's should come with manuals and parts book!

Old December 7th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
@Eric S - sure! No problem, i'll take your trade-in and 20k...

I bought my Tdi from Bill at TLR - he's got more I think. why dont you just make the swap yourself?
I am saving for it as we speak. I am still in the very preliminary stages of planning and getting the funds set up. Most likely take care of it with a frame swap as well. 4.0 should be all buttoned up after this unfortunate turn of events and I am also changing the oil lines to boot.

More of a long term thing!

Damn Diesel envy...

EwS
Old December 7th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Kimos
Larry O'Hara
1997 Defender Wagon

Jim,

$ for TDI?

adapters/install cost?

Old December 7th, 2004, 02:42 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I'm off to start a new thread for diesel questions, to keep the mods happy.
Old December 8th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Trevor Tarr
Trevor Tarr
1997 D-90 4.6 NAS ST

Workshop manual and parts manual, two totally different animals. I have the hardcopy version of both, and find them each extremely useful, for their intended purposes. I also have an electronic version of the workshop manual, which includes circuit diagrams, overhaul information, and is very handy to access from the laptop in my truck (easier than lugging the binder around). What I'd really like is a similar electronic version of the exploded-diagram parts manual. I did buy something on CD-ROM from http://pub49.bravenet.com/forum/4133616956/fetch/30362/ (hopefully that's not the copyright-violation link...), but it doesn't seem quite NAS.
Old December 8th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Kimos
Larry O'Hara
1997 Defender Wagon

OK, let me clarify here . . .

I know I have the shop manual and that I need the parts manual. . .

What I had said was that the shop manual I have was useless IMO. I have a PDF copy that is titled "Workshop manual NINETY" that has 10 times the data and details. That being said, yes I feel screwed that I paid through the nose for what should have been the same as what is floating out there on the web. Fact is I wonder if the manual I have is not what I paid for . . . .

I need to be clear that I do not want to scam anyone out of monies due them for distribution. If its out there and covers every detail I have no problem paying someone for it. But if we want to touch on legalities, the fact is there should be a disclaimer that it is a scaled down manual and not what techs use. Further, I have purchased manual(s) that were nothing more than photo copies themselves which is fraud but I dont bitch about it as I have more important things to do.

All this being said, anyone having a copy of the parts manual (1997) laying arround and not using it I may purchase it. Further, if someone wants a legal copy of the 1997 NAS Workshop Manual . . . I'll sell mine for less than they can buy via a vendor.

Cheers!

Old December 9th, 2004, 02:34 AM
48vphantom
Jeff Hoien
1997 NAS D90

Arrow NAS Parts Manual

Larry, i too was in the same boat as you. Wanting a parts manual and getting a workshop manual. Bought the one that someone reprinted on their computer. Did buy a cd rom off of ebay(use it all the time ) it had everything but the parts and line drawings for the my 97 nas. Bought my parts book at books4cars.com. the lr pn is rtc9962fo. the only thing it doesn't have is line drawings for the a/c system(interior). they list there lr pn as rtc9962cc...probably an earlier version...think i paid a $100.00 bucks...worth every dime. the best part is going to the lr dealership with part numbers and telling them what i want...i even fax the orders in now. I think you and i are similar when i comes to our D90's. I am addicted to mine and am bent on making it look like it rolled off the line in the UK. By the way, my radiator was replaced some time ago..any idea what decals were on the top so that I may replace them...i do take my medication every day!!! In the mean time if you need any pn's let me know and i will look them up for you(or anyone else)
jeff '97 D90 #422
Old December 9th, 2004, 09:37 AM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

I have an extra parts manual. Bought it as a spare. It's in excellent shape.

Part number RTC9962FN, December 1997, Defender 90 & 110, V8i NAS. Made for a loose leaf binder, 5-hole punch. In a box, 12x10x4, 7 lbs.

I don't know what George charges but how about $55? I can ship Media Mail for cheap.

May also trade. Looking for an "A" bar.
Old December 9th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Kimos
Larry O'Hara
1997 Defender Wagon

Jeff: Thanks for the info . . yeah the radiator stickers sound like something I would do

Arthur : I sent you email re your parts book

Old December 9th, 2004, 06:06 PM
rolaro
Jan-Dirk Roodbol

try this site

parts catalogue not found but a lot of other workshop manuals

Link removed. Links to illegal downloads of copywrited material are prohibited.

Follow-up Post:

okay try it once again
Links to illegal downloads of copywrited material are prohibited.
good luck Jan-dirk
Old December 9th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Jan-Dirk, Please don't post that link here.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
manual, part, parts