Parts for raised air intake on 200Tdi wing - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 30th, 2014, 06:29 PM
1991Defender110
Charles Preston
91/110 200Tdi

Parts for raised air intake on 200Tdi wing

Hello---

I have been searching the net for a while, places in the UK, Australia, and the US, but I am having trouble locating (discontinued) air ducts MWC1826 and 1827 that connect to the wing on the inside.

Does anyone have a lead or a good point of contact to run these down?

Much appreciated and Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 30th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
there were three sets on ebay uk earlier this week

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 30th, 2014, 07:10 PM
1991Defender110
Charles Preston
91/110 200Tdi

Doug,

thanks a bunch. I stupidly bought the Snorkel before collecting all the right parts....Funny, I am sure it was you who I emailed almost 4 years ago when I started my Land rover quest/odyssey...and you linked me up with a Brit in France! My odyssey took me to Barcelona (2X) a long drive back to Germany, France country-side (2X), Paris, and then finally Dakar-- by ship, not overland, unfortunately. I will keep checking Ebay UK, and see if they'll ship to a US address.
thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 30th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Jpayne
Jeff Payne
'83 110 3 Door

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Is there an exhaust shop near by? http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=51216 -Jeff
I'd be happy to supply the wing top vent cover for your project. It's the same plate javelinadave and rankar used on their DIY builds.
Old April 30th, 2014, 10:40 PM
rankar
Randy
97 SW #2236 (Maggie)

Registry
I ordered the roll cage snorkel kit for a 200tdi from Masai in the UK for about $180 and it got here in about three days. I sold off the extra parts for about $40.

Then i got a 90 degree 3" pipe from mandrelbends on Ebay (about $20 shipped).

Jeff supplied a killer plasma cut top vent cover, and I just bored the 3" hole in it today. Tomorrow the mandrel bent pipe gets welded to the top vent plate and bingo. Pics to come.
Old May 1st, 2014, 06:27 AM
1991Defender110
Charles Preston
91/110 200Tdi

Thank you. The plastic pieces I am looking for would attach on the inner side wall of the left wing, not through the top: that is the type of snorkel I ordered. See the diagram that came with the snorkel fitting instructions, as well as the two parts from the workshop manual Defender 110 1987 on-wards. These two bits seem specific-- when trying to connect to the wide opening. I have read where folks use hoses and somehow run it through the hole in the side and 'fit' it into the base of the snorkel, but it takes massive amounts of silicone, and does not seem like the best long-term solution. I am in Africa, and they can replicate/fabricate many things here-- I just need the exact dimensions...part 3 in the manual diagram worries me the most as far as replication.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide3.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	94026   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide1.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	94027  

Old May 1st, 2014, 07:28 AM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Ok the inner plastic piece you are asking about is NLA. If you have a good fab shop take the truck and picture to them and fab one. Or troll ebay uk. They come up for sale now and then.
Old May 1st, 2014, 10:08 AM
roverman2010
John
1985 LR 90 200Tdi

Registry
I got mine off ebay uk no problems about a year ago, not heavy just the bulk size bumps up shipping. I even got the hose that runs from the wing elbow piece to the filter elbow from the same guy. Think I paid 20 quid for it all shipping was extra.

Some where I have a spare elbow that fits the air filter end, you could fab something up out of ally if you got a brake and tig welder

Still looking for that place where I can carry a paddle and get asked what's that.

JnK Services
FC101 GS FFR
57 LR 88" SXF 858
85 LR90
95 D1 Tdi
05 D3 HSE
97 XK8 BRG FHC For Sale
Old June 16th, 2014, 06:59 AM
paul c
paul critcher
85 110

I got one of these, different part number but appears to be the same part http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover...1#ht_717wt_952
Old June 16th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Hobson's is a good company but their shipping costs are out of line with Craddocks/paddocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul c View Post
I got one of these, different part number but appears to be the same part http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover...1#ht_717wt_952

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
200tdi, air intake, part, parts, tdi, wing