part #'s for a 94 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 27th, 2006, 07:01 AM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

part #'s for a 94

So i know what i'm asking for does anyone know theses part #'s
Where the hand brake cable comes into the cab it passes though a large rubber grommet which is in a sleeve,i'm looking for the grommet.
Also the pin which holds the two piece door hinge together.
Thanks

Got my throwout bearing done sat,i started about 7.30 stripping out, Mike came round about 10.00 and we had the transfer case and tranny out and back in by 4.00.While we were taking it out noticed the engine mount was shot also the clutch master cylinder needs replacing.Thats next weekend taken care of.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 27th, 2006, 07:54 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Jimmy. I just checked the book and the grommit is not a separate part. It comes with the new cable only..

Also the pin in the hinge does not come separate either in the LR parts book...
Old March 27th, 2006, 08:16 AM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy salmon
So i know what i'm asking for does anyone know theses part #'s
Where the hand brake cable comes into the cab it passes though a large rubber grommet which is in a sleeve,i'm looking for the grommet.
Also the pin which holds the two piece door hinge together.
Thanks

Got my throwout bearing done sat,i started about 7.30 stripping out, Mike came round about 10.00 and we had the transfer case and tranny out and back in by 4.00.While we were taking it out noticed the engine mount was shot also the clutch master cylinder needs replacing.Thats next weekend taken care of.
Do you have a pic of it (from the manual preferably). if it's the same as the RR one then I should have it. I should be back up on Thur or Fri and could bring it.

Try getting an engine mount from a Diesel Rover, they are stronger than the stock ones (Doug Walker can tell you where to get these). Or you could go with the QT bling bling ones but they are more money.
Advertisement

Old March 27th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Jack_Straw
Greg

Quote:
While we were taking it out noticed the engine mount was shot

You could also use a Jag V12 mount if you want stronger than Rover but not as much $ as QT. They'll only fit in the engine, gearbox doesn't have enough room.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
part