Defender Source Forum banner

Part number for RoW V8 Ninety filler hose?

Tags
part v8
3K views 29 replies 6 participants last post by  Paul K 
#1 ·
All:

I’m trying to figure out the part number for the rubber hose that runs between the filler neck (which is the big one, it’s like 3” across) and the top of the (side mounted) petrol tank. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance

Paul.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
well a quick look at rovafarm this came up NTC2338, side mounted tank is what you got?

#8 ·
It's strange that you need the $ one as both ours are the same age and the cheaper one fitted like a glove on old red. Can't see it being that a V8 is differant in that regards??

#4 ·
Thanks all, just ordered one from RN.

#5 ·
Update: Turns out I need NRC9291. Which is $283.63. Bollocks.

#11 ·
The only thing that I changed was the metal fill pipe off a S3 had to cut down in lenght as I misplaced my expensive fuel cap on the A6 nr cannock, but didn't change the hose. I can still remember seeing it sitting on the fuel pump. Grrr

#12 ·
Here’s a shot of the offending hose. For some reason, the uploader decided to rotate the pic 90 degrees...

Attachments

#13 ·
Ditto, by the way the metal fill pipe attached to the wing is 70mm dia.

Attachments

#14 ·
Maybe I’ll give NTC2338 a shot.

#15 ·
Why not phone Trever at rovafarm and ask if he could measure one, or Zack if they have one.

#22 ·
#23 ·
Next question. Where can I get a new or used filler neck & fuel cap? The gas station attendants regularly freak out when they see mine, so upgrading to the newer style might be my best option. Especially since the hose I need is $300...

#24 ·
What's that new hose look like? WTF is a gas station attendent? I am thinking you will be hard pressed in fitting a plastic type of cap with out making something up. But as the big guy says

Attachments

#29 ·
WTF is a gas station attendant?
The spotty herbert who pumps gas for me. We aren't allowed to do that ourselves in this state.

------ Follow up post added December 7th, 2017 12:06 PM ------

To change, you just need.

NTC2676
https://www.lrdirect.com/NTC2676-Fuel-Filler-Neck-Defender/
and
STC4072
https://www.lrdirect.com/STC4072-Fuel-Cap-Lockable-90-110-2-Lug/?keep_https=yes

FYI, you can change the locking barrel on these if you want to match your other keys (if your truck uses that key style).

Plus little items like the seal, ESR1650 and labels if you want.

I did show a place earlier to get the old hose for $100 though.
Brilliant, thanks! I called Tarheel. No response as yet...

#25 · (Edited)
Call the good folks at Tarheel Rover Parts 704.239.4097. Ask them if they have the ROW filler and hose in one of their junkers. They are extremely fair and very reasonable on price.

I have a locking cap on my 1988 ROW 90. I replaced the tank as part of my LS install and thought I had the original filler and hose which were fortunately in great shape. Reading these threads, it sounds like I might have an updated filler, which frankly seems doubtful given the history of my truck.

Attachments

#26 ·
#28 ·
Unless your existing filler hose is cracked and/or leaking, just put it back in. Mine is circa 1988 and I just put it back in when I replaced my fuel tank last year and also looked up how much LR wanted for the 110 filler pipe.
It's neither a pressure nor a critical part.

#30 ·
Well that sucked...

Update:

The old ‘This shouldn’t take more than an hour’ curse struck again. First off, the 4 screws around the old cap that hold the throat of the filler neck onto the body were seized, so I had to cut them off with a dremel. Second, the new tank has the breather pipe in a completely different location than the original tank, so I had to cut a hole in the panel so it wasn’t kinked. Third, the brace between the fender and the bed had to be relocated so it wouldn’t rub on the new hose.

However, It’s done, I much prefer the new gas cap, the gas station attendant didn’t freak out when I just filled it up, and best of all, no more leaks when it’s full.

I have the old gas cap for sale here;

Used PLX232 non-locking gas cap - Defender Source

Jolly glad I never lost it, RN is awful proud of them!

Yes, I know my outrigger is completely knackered.

Thanks for all the help!

Cheers,

Paul. Note: Not sure why my pictures got rotated 90 degrees, but it goes right along with the way this project went!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.