Parking Brake Switch/Light - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 18th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Rocketman
Scott Y
95 D90 SW, 2003 Disco II, 93 D110

Parking Brake Switch/Light

OK, I know this is a nit, but the women I live need this to work...

I am trying to get my Brake Light to light when the parking brake is applied. The workshop manual is useless for this one. I have checked the switch at the brake handle and it is fine. In tracing the wire , it just disappears into a harness bundle.

Does anybody know how the light is wired? Where does the wire from the switch terminate?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 18th, 2010, 05:15 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Yellow and white wire goes from the handbrake handle switch up to behind the dash. The circuit looks for a ground, so when you pull the handbrake the switch gives the circuit a ground and the lamp comes on.
There is a Lucar connector just a ways away from the switch and that can corrode, check that.
Also check the switch again, they are troublesome, but you can take them apart and clean them up.
Ground the wire manually at the seatbox. If the light comes on you know it is the switch.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old December 20th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Rocketman
Scott Y
95 D90 SW, 2003 Disco II, 93 D110

Thanks Mike. I have done everything except check the Lucar upstream. I'll check that today. The switch checke out fine and I tried grounding at the Lucar that connects to the switch.

Scott

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
brake, ht, switch