painting questions(tub) - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 11th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Amit Likhyani
95 D90 Soft Top Estoril Blue 6.2 LS
painting questions(tub)

I've got a white 1995 soft top. It has a dent on the passenger side rear quarter panel and the driver's side was in an accident before I bought it and I don't like the way it was repaired. Basically they riveted the quarter panel back on to the tub instead of spot welding it.

So, I've got a big job coming up to get the tub to the way I want it which is very high quality.

I would prefer AA yellow to the white paint currently on it. The front end is in decent shape but it could also use fresh paint.

Does the tub need to be completely removed from the truck to be repaired correctly?

Given what I've described, is it going to cost significantly more to paint the truck yellow as opposed to bringing the entire truck to high quality in the existing white? If it's close I'll change color but if it's significantly easier to leave it white even with what I want done on the tub, maybe I'll leave it. The truck had previous salvage history on the title when I bought although it washed when I registered it in Texas. I'm not worried about resale of changing color.

Old April 11th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie
If you feel like taking the tub off I may suggest getting the underside and inside tub powder coated as it is cheaper than paint

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions