Paint before selling - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 21st, 2013, 02:39 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

What was the original color?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 21st, 2013, 03:01 PM
Macker
Mack Crouch
1988 110 LS 5.3

Registry
Honestly I bet for the money that you're looking for, you could just leave paint up the the buyer. It would definitely show well if you painted the bonnet, roof etc. but maybe the buyer would be doing a full color change anyway. The orange is definitely cool, but I don't think it would be the first choice for most people.
Old December 21st, 2013, 03:51 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

I say go ahead with the Black Paint. It will look good and it will tone down the Orange. I really like the orange, and really want to build a 4 door pickup, but it's not the right time for me now.

It can't be any harder to sell with good black paint than it is with bad orange paint, so worse case scenario you sell it for the same amt. you otherwise would have and put a few hundred and several hours of time into it.

I have a feeling you'll sell it much faster thought with the Black Arches, Hood and Roof. I agree too that the Tan Top should go. I would replace it/dye it or simply remove it and offer it to the buyer, but I think with the black also it will just be too much ie. too many colors, going on.

Just my $.02

Good Luck With The Sale!
Advertisement

Old December 21st, 2013, 04:50 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
Just above 20k for that truck is dirt cheap (IMHO). Does it have rusted out parts or no title?

I find it hard to believe that people lose interest at that price just because of the color.

Anyways, painting the hood and bonnet black isn't going to change the fact that it's an orange truck. Except it will then be an orange truck with a black hood and bonnet.

Is there something else wrong with the truck that can be fixed with potential paint money?
Its not rusted out at all. The frame looks to be original, although I think the rear section has been replaced from the spring perches back. It looks like it may be the wrong cross member because it has a hole for the PTO. The transfer box does have a PTO, but the fuel tank would be in the way to utilize it. The bulkhead is galvanized, but doesn't look like a new unit to me.

For those interested here is the original for sale thread.
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=33405

Since then I've replaced the radiator (already leaks), water pump, timing belt, wheels, swivel ball seals, all new gauges that actually work, and the heater box with a used one from Doug.
Old December 21st, 2013, 06:16 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Since I've been getting a bunch of inquiries about the truck I decided to post a real for sale ad.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=50429

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
paint