P/N for heated windshield switch - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 17th, 2003, 09:31 AM
mgrgpg
Mark
1989 D110

P/N for heated windshield switch

I am going to be installing the heated mirror kit soon, but do not like the switch that came with the kit. Someday I also want to add a heated windshield, and was wondering if anyone knew what the part number is for the stock heated windshield switch, and the best place to find this switch. I figured I would hook both the mirrors and windshield up to the same switch in the future.

Where is the switch located in the dash when it came standard from the LR?

Thanks,
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 17th, 2003, 09:44 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Mark, the switch is typically located in the center dash console on the SW's. Not sure on the PN, but I know ECR or RN will sell you one. If you drive an SW, I would recommend not even doing the seperate switch. I have my mirrors, windscreen and rear windscreen all running on the factory switch. Their is plenty of power as they are all on their own relays. This way, I stick with the factory instrument light and the factory timer for all of them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 17th, 2003, 09:57 AM
mgrgpg
Mark
1989 D110

David,

I have a soft top, so I do not have an existing switch now. My thought was to put the correct switch in now, for the mirrors, and then add the windshield to the same switch later on. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 17th, 2003, 09:59 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Mark, here are all the part #'s you need. Let me know what price you get for the Idems.
RRC7311 SWITCH HTD W/SCREEN
RRC7326 WIRING HARNESS HTDW/SN
PRC7303 RELAY 70 AMP
DRC1245 MTG BRKT FOR PRC7303
Old December 17th, 2003, 03:14 PM
mgrgpg
Mark
1989 D110

Rovers North had it all:

I held off on the the wiring harness for now until I get a windshield to put in.

Switch $6.00
Harness $181.30
Relay $25.75
Bracket $1.50
Old November 12th, 2004, 08:19 PM
COSteve
Steven Reed
93 Defender 110 - #107

David,
I am resurrecting a old thread to ask, what is the performance you get on your Heater Rear Mirror Kit install? Will it melt ice? I just got mine installed by adding it to the heated mirror circuit and I am concerned it is not getting enough juice. Thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
switch