Oy yoy yoy, Soy for my toy? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 19th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb
Oy yoy yoy, Soy for my toy?

Loob failed emissions. I'm gonna fix it, but the prospect of replacing the engine with a diesel is extremely tempting. No more biennial trips to the test facility.
Perusing Ebay UK turns up several possible engines, from 200 Tdi to TD5. All have at least 70 grand on them, but there's no telling if they're worth a darn. I'm sure these all can be made to fit a 93 RRC. Thing is, I'm almost positive the 93 was available with a 300 Tdi. Can't find any that are RRC specific, just Discos. Has anybody overthere in Blighty had any experience either owning one or converting a Classic to diesel?
Should I even fool with anything like this conversion?
Bill Adams

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"

All my troubles are Rover

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions