original 94 tires- upgrades coming - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 10th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Jon Strong
Question original 94 tires- upgrades coming

I have a BFG baja mud terrain spare, that appears to be the original tire. can anyone confirm this ?

Also, freed up some cash for upgrades any suggestions where to start ?

She's all original equipment for now. Lift is out of the question, just barely make it in the garage with the roof rack. I keep the top off most of the summer so the garage is a must.

I'm thinking ; solid recovery points+equipment,hi-lift, tires, armor, lights,optima battery ..................??

any one have a supplier for front door soft windows, thought I saw them before but couldn't find the link.

Thanks gang,

Old June 11th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Tony Brooks
That was most likely the original spare, it's certainly what they came with. For upgrades, a good rule of thumb is making sure the truck can get off the trail before getting it to go further down the trail. By that I mean start with recovery gear, then get protection. Learn to wheel with it stock, and then start playing with suspension, tires, lockers, etc.

Old June 11th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C
Hey Jon,

The Half-Door/Soft Windows are from Badger Coach Works. If you go through the specials, I think their link is posted there. As far as upgrades, I would try to wheel it like that first. Wheeling it stock would allow you to upgrade according to your driving style/skill or the terrain where you wheel all the time.

Recovery equipment and protection aren't really "upgrades" but a "must have" whenever you venture out. They will help you (and others) take you out of a jam safely and more efficiently and the extra protection will save you some $$$ when you accidentally hit something you're not supposed to. :D

Old June 11th, 2004, 10:34 AM
1995 SW #487/500
jate rings and a strap a shackle never hurts. armour
Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

original, tire, tires