Opinions Wanted On Current Market Value - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 28th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson
None

Opinions Wanted On Current Market Value

Given the current market conditions, do any of you think this truck is worth over $20,000? Here's a description: 97 white wagon, 4 owner, 65,xxxmiles, roof rack. Current owner purchased truck about 6 years ago and claims to have driven it less than 300 miles. Truck has basically been sitting outdoors for 6 years. No particular service records. From what you can tell from a picture(s) there appears to be no serious rust issues in the usual places. It has a few minor dents, windshield needs to be replaced, a little mold abatement is required in the interior. Whether the paint can be brought back to life is a question. Owner claims everything works as it should. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2009, 06:00 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Non-runner?
Old May 28th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson
None

Owner claims it runs just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
is this the one that showed up couple of times in MA?
Old May 28th, 2009, 09:39 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

So the current owner has had it 6 years, put 300 miles on it and left it outside in the Northeast? It has to have rust issues, not to mention these trucks do not like to be left to rot. They like to be driven. I would think that there will be a lot of seals that need to be changed, the fluids are toast, the gas tank and gas lines may have issues. Who know what animals have crawled up into and chewed on it's wiring. These trucks leak, so the mold issues could compound with rotten carpet and rust.

Old May 28th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson
None

Not familiar with the truck you're referring to but I don't think it is the same one. Current owner has lived in the southeast for many years and he tells me his decision to sell is a recent one.

Follow-up Post:

Scott,
I have the same concerns you mentioned and a few more. This truck is 600 miles from where I live and I have only seen pictures. I've spoken to the owner 2 times and I think his bottom dollar is $20m. Given what I know about the truck and the associated concerns, I'm just trying to decide if it is worth going to inspect.
Old May 28th, 2009, 10:49 PM
KevinNY
Kevin Buckley
1973 coiler

Pass.
Old May 28th, 2009, 10:55 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Pre-purchase inspection by an independent you trust. Worth the $100-$200 bucks as this may be a lemon or a steal at $20K

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions