opinions on kevlar paint - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 24th, 2013, 03:12 PM
revtor
Steve Maietta
1969 IIA 88" Bugeye

Registry
if you like yellow, so be it. It's your truck. Many of us have yellow trucks. no biggie. At least we've pulled you off the "kevlar" Bullshit ledge.
Advertisement

Old December 24th, 2013, 04:20 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Whether or not you choose AA Yellow is your business but I will say this: I owned a AA Yellow NAS truck for eight years. I was totally in love with the color when I bought it but completely sick of it by the time I sold it. Yellow trucks were hot shit back in 1994. Nobody had them and the yellow Defender was iconic. It didn't take long before Xterras and Jeeps and every other Bro vehicle on the market copied them. These days, it's about as hot as Whoop, There It Is! on CD.

I completely agree with Rocky, Ed, Bill, and the rest. I have a bad feeling about this shop. I think you are getting played. Who is this shop? I grew up in San Antonio and lived there until 2009 but I've never heard of this guy.

http://youtu.be/Z-FPimCmbX8

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Old December 24th, 2013, 05:13 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
edit: covered above.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 24th, 2013, 05:28 PM
defender1844
Amit Likhyani
95 D90 Soft Top Estoril Blue 6.2 LS

I had an AA yellow 1997 and sold it in 2009 and regretted it.

The Texas Defender Importers mechanic used to work at Land Rover Austin until last year and worked on my Defender from 1997 until I sold it. No doubts in confidence with him. I approached him about the Kevlar. He didn't suggest it. I'm getting a galvanized frame put on. There are 2 other rigs at his shop with that frame swap already done. I have no doubts that will go smoothly. As you probably know if you want to change the color of a vehicle, during a frame swap is the best time to do it. No other reason why the engine bay would have nothing in it along with the area under the seats being out. The rest of the truck sans bulkhead is not that big of a deal.

I don't like white. I find it boring. Maybe since I've already had yellow I should try something else or learn to like white. But I really liked my AA yellow truck and did not sell due to being tired of the color.
Old December 24th, 2013, 11:37 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
I personally think painting the truck the color you want is fine. I think colors like pink, matte black, and zebra stripe are probably not a good idea, but you probably already know that.

You are right, it is definitely easiest to repaint the truck when it is completely disassembled.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
paint