Opinion needed on fan interference - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 13th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team
Just a follow up on this. I wasn't happy with the aftermarket fan clutch setup - still seemed too loud. Finally got around to looking at a neighbors disco and my fan was backwards (in other words it was fine the first time). Being tired of the whole issue I ordered a fan clutch and new fan from Trevor at RovaFarm.com on Thursday and they arrived this afternoon so I threw it on. No interference.

So I guess my enlarging the holes or some other other difference in the fan clutch was responsible for the interference. Probably would have been fine just trimming the blades. Of course I forgot to compare the two again before installing.

My cheap bastardness burnt me this time But I guess now I have a spare (with a lifetime warranty). Just might need to trim it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions