Oooops......... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 16th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Rover- Girl

Exclamation Oooops.........

Just got home , had some fun in my Rover....
Well, steped out of the truck and was shocked to see my
left blinker dangling by its wires
I tried to pop it back in, but it wount stay The seal is still in place
the blinker still works, but I can't get it to stay put...H.E.L.P. !!!!!!!!!!!
It looks like my baby lost an eye
Feeling bad in Destin....
Christine....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2005, 10:00 PM
GeoParth
George Parthmer
1995/d-90 #2715 yellowST

rovers north sells a directional lamp replacment in its catalog on page72 (this is my bible). The Item # is RNC868 and it sells for 18.00. there is a myriad of other lighting equipment based on what exactly the issue turns out to be. it sounds like the screw that goes through the lens and into the black housing somehow worked itself loose or stripped the thread. the lens comes as a total replacment. I have replaced all of my lenses b/c i am kind of anal and i wanted to get rid of all of the cloudy lenses. i think i have some left over that i would be happy to give you ... i can mail them if you would like. also - glad to hear that the rover, and you, survived the storm. George
Old July 16th, 2005, 10:13 PM
sheki
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

is it the front or rear? The rear is common issue, what happens is when people service it they push too hard when screwing it back together. This strips out the plastic and the screw has nothing to hold on to. aside from RN, you can get the "plinth" from George at RDS for around $8.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 17th, 2005, 05:10 PM
redrover

If it is the 94 front bumper, put seal on reflector unit and wiggle back into bumper. JP
Old July 18th, 2005, 10:09 AM
mdmccallum
Mike
'97 Defender 90 SW

Maybe Dennis blew it out.
I was headed there last week but got diverted to Galveston instead. No offense to you Texans but Galveston ain't no Destin. Worst beach experience ever.
Hope the rest of your summer goes better down there.
Old July 18th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Matt Taylor
Matt Taylor

Roger that last transmission. Destin rocks.

I have the same problem with my lights, minus the dangling. I'll be paying crazy george a visit this week.
Old July 19th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Rover- Girl

Yes... Destin is turning out to be made up like south beach....
we now have a Hard Rock cafe asswell
anyway, It was the left front blinker that had come out ( on the bumper )
My huppy had sugessted to use sillicon to get it to stay put ( same as used in fishtanks ).
It worked, I had droped off the defender on monday for its regular service and Transsmission service
and Eric (my d90 guru) told me I did a great job sealing it back in place....sigh.

FYI ...if anyone of you head down to my neck of the woods, pease P/M me and we'll get together
for a Beer and some barbeque ....
See ya
Old July 19th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmccallum
Maybe Dennis blew it out.
I was headed there last week but got diverted to Galveston instead. No offense to you Texans but Galveston ain't no Destin. Worst beach experience ever.
Next time head farther south to North Padre Island National Seashore. It's no resort, in fact there's nothing there. Exactly as I like it. It's a 60 mile long island that can only be accessed from the north end. The only way to get down island is driving on the beach. Go 30 or so miles down beach and you may see only 3 or 4 cars a day pass your spot. Pure heaven. No people, no noise but the surf, great fishing, and you can drive your Defender on the beach. It's also primitive, no water, restrooms, or anything. You are quite alone down there.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions