One of my headlights is dimming. ??? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 26th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Ricardo Gomez
1997 D90
One of my headlights is dimming. ???

So Ive noticed that my right front headlight is dim when on as well as my turn signals on that same side dont work. I did notice that if my headlight is turned off my turn signals will work perfectly. The problem with the turn signal is when I turn the lights on and my right front dims. Any ideas as what might be the problem? I checked the connections and they all seem in good working condition. All help is appreciated. Thanks

Old February 26th, 2012, 07:25 PM
'73 SIII/ D90 Hybrid
Sounds like you have either a bad ground, or a bad ground wire. I'd start looking at the ground and if it look good, try to ohm out the headlight ground wire (which will probably require a jumper to reach both ends) and see if you have high resistance.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

ht, lights