On board air compressor - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 4th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

On board air compressor

I am going to install a York 210 compressor in my truck--I have a '94 D90 w/o air. Has anyone done this install yet? I have the compressor, I just need to figure it out. It won't be too hard, I just would love to have some insight from someone that has done it.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 4th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

I can't think of anyone who has done it on a Defender, but you could check out.

http://www.onboardair.com/

They have some good info.
Old March 4th, 2004, 11:41 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

There is a guy in Boulder that has a Yellow D90 with yellow top, he has some kind of on board air that puts a ton of air. I just can't remember his name right now
Advertisement

Old March 5th, 2004, 11:48 AM
cbkearney
Chris Kearney
Pile of Parts

Robert Leggeiro did a custom air compressor set up. And he usually loves to help people out. He did great desciption of the d-90 yahoo list I think or it might even be on this board. Jesse Ware also installed an engine compressor recently and did a lot of research.

CB Kearney Fine Woodworking
250 Canal St
Lawrence, MA 01840

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old March 7th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Doug_Paoletti
Douglas P. Paoletti
'94 D90

Have any of you installed (or heard of anyone that installed) an engine driven air compressor on a D90 that also had A/C? It seems like the only place that there might be room to install the compressor would be under the existing A/C compressor, possibly with some modification to the existing A/C compressor bracket and rerouting two coolant lines. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old March 7th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

Sheee-OT! I have been out there today figuring it all out. I did the Oil fix to the York as well as tune it up and hook it up to a old electric motor and it puts out the air, I will tell you. I have spent alot of time under the hood figuring out what to do, and there is not way that a York would fit with the existing AC w/o some SERIOUS mod. For those w/AC I would go with a Sanden unit, which I could see working. What I am worring about is too much stress being put on the 3 attachment bosses on the engine--I think I will brace the unit off the engine mount. Still don't know. I did run my impact hammer off it--it is cool! The engine bracket is going to take a lot of time, though. There is VERY little room. Gonna take a short belt, too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
compressor