OME suspension, and tires - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 8th, 2003, 10:07 PM
huntahdefender
Zak Slutzky
'94 D-90

OME suspension, and tires

hello, i have a '94 d-90 and i would like to put the OME HD suspension kit (springs and shocks), please any comments or thought, or any issues with install would be greatly appreciated, also i want to put the goodyear MTR's on what is the largest size i could put on? angain any thoughts or comments, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 8th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Toddco
Todd Klueger
1995 Defender 90

I used the OME 764 up front and in the rear I used Ome 762. This allowed for clearance of a 315/ 75/16 good year MTR 34.8" with a little rubbing here and there. I also replaced the driveshafts with high angle cv's. Now I run the same springs with a 1 1/4" spacer in the front and a 2" spacer in the rear and 37" MTR's on 15X8" wheels.
Old October 9th, 2003, 09:47 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

What kind of wheel'in are you planning to do?

The most commen and basic setup for biggeners is OME 751 front and OME 764 rear. With this setup you don't need longer brake lines or CV drive shaft but you might get some vibration, it's random. Shocks you can go with OME unless you are looking for extream suspension travel.

With this setup you can go with 285/75/16 on stock wheels.

Let us know how much lift you want, what size tires you want to run, and how much $$ you want to spend.
Advertisement

Old October 10th, 2003, 03:29 PM
huntahdefender
Zak Slutzky
'94 D-90

hi, i live on the east coast so most of the wheeling i do is on old logging roads, ( deep ruts, muddy, stumps), but i am know goign to college in gunnison colorado, so i will be using my rig to get to good camping, and climbing spots as well as maybe hitting some real wheeling trails if i get the chance, i would like to beable to fit about 33's, but if i can fit bigger i might think about it, i want to try to avoid doign any gearing, and other major changes. right now i am looking at the OME HD kit from rovers north,http://catalog.roversnorth.com/catal...taf?id=omed90, price being about 675.00 with steering dampener, I also use my rig for construction, hunting, and search and rescue, so i will very commonly have fairly heavy loads in or being pulled by my rig. thanks for all the help
zak
Old October 10th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Tom Fitzgerald
Tom Fitzgerald
97 D90 SW

Hey Zak,

East Coaster here as well....I am running 751 frt, 781 rr springs. I carry a lot of gear/equipment, all the time. Probably 500 lbs+. The stance is good and handles great. You may need the Dbl Cardan DS in the rear, esp if you don't keep it loaded all the time. See Expedition Exchange's spring write up for some good descriptions and photos. I run 255-85 MT's, about a 33x10. I'm of the 'lbs per sq in' school of thought for traction. I was even able to adjust my steering stops in some, for better turning. I ran the Rubicon Trail in my 97 Jeep, twice, with a 33x9.50 tire. Drove it out, and back. It's plenty for all but the most extreme trails, even in CO. Just pick your line right! But that just doesn't sell those expensive tires! Just a little more grist for the mill! Good luck and let us know how you go when you decide.
Tom

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
tire, tires