OME Shock Mount Question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 11th, 2016, 12:48 AM
koshow
Kenji
95/D90

OME Shock Mount Question

Hello Friends,

Need some help here. Please note the current suspension setup is a Rockware full suspension kit (see photo). The mounting bracket for the rear shocks aren't compatible with the OME. Does OME have a bracket for the shocks? Anyone do an install that is familiar with this?

I don't know what the oem bracket is either. I have reached out to ARB USA but wanted to see if anyone here as some input.

Thank you!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw-...ew?usp=sharing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 11th, 2016, 01:25 AM
Arcadeus
Mark Bichin
97 NAS Station Wagon LE

Registry
You should have an adapter on the lower shock mount. It coverts it to loop style. Just unbolt it and use the hole Otis in ,which is the actual original pin style shock mount, to mount the shock.

You might have a problem thigh because the rock ware hoops are made for extended shocks and the bilsteins that you are replacing them with don't spear to be. You can order some stock mounts and sell the rock wares or get longer shocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 11th, 2016, 06:18 AM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Concur with Arcadeus; remove the adapter on the lower shock side and revert back to stock mounting brackets for the top given it looks like you are going to normal length shocks (or maybe +2's, which depending on what size spring you are running should work).

Someone will buy the rockware mount setup for sure.

If you need the OE upper mounts hit me on PM, I have a set sitting in the spares bin.
r-
Ray
Old August 11th, 2016, 11:44 PM
koshow
Kenji
95/D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_G View Post
Concur with Arcadeus; remove the adapter on the lower shock side and revert back to stock mounting brackets for the top given it looks like you are going to normal length shocks (or maybe +2's, which depending on what size spring you are running should work).

Someone will buy the rockware mount setup for sure.

If you need the OE upper mounts hit me on PM, I have a set sitting in the spares bin.
r-
Ray
Thanks for the response. Called the dealer today and ordered OEM. Just wanted to confirm that was all I needed.

------ Follow up post added August 11th, 2016 08:44 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadeus View Post
You should have an adapter on the lower shock mount. It coverts it to loop style. Just unbolt it and use the hole Otis in ,which is the actual original pin style shock mount, to mount the shock.

You might have a problem thigh because the rock ware hoops are made for extended shocks and the bilsteins that you are replacing them with don't spear to be. You can order some stock mounts and sell the rock wares or get longer shocks.
Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
mount