OME castor correction bushings - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 3rd, 2007, 10:11 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
OME castor correction bushings

So what's the verdict? any arguments for or against them? I have a set sitting on my shelf, and wondering if I should install them on my 110. just got my rig, and not clear on whether my lift is stock or not, but seems visually to be riding high. I'm happy enough with the suspension and steering right now, but would be interested in mitigating any driveline stress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2007, 03:26 PM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander
So what's the verdict? any arguments for or against them? I have a set sitting on my shelf, and wondering if I should install them on my 110. just got my rig, and not clear on whether my lift is stock or not, but seems visually to be riding high. I'm happy enough with the suspension and steering right now, but would be interested in mitigating any driveline stress.
Hey Mark,

Incorrect castor won't really cause any additional stress on the driveline. If you do not feel vibrations (from driveshaft angles) and the steering feel is good, you are likely not lifted, or only mildly lifted (or the castor has already been corrected one of a number of ways). If the castor was out significantly, you would know it by the hard pull when you step on the brakes hard, the lack of self centering in the steering, etc.

As for the Castor correcting bushings, the only downside I am aware of is that they limit front axles articulation (not a strong point to begin with) because they reduce the amount of area for flex to take place where the radius arms bolt to the axle housing, because they reduce the amount of bushing material.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 4th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Monkeyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepeytr
As for the Castor correcting bushings, the only downside I am aware of is that they limit front axles articulation (not a strong point to begin with) because they reduce the amount of area for flex to take place where the radius arms bolt to the axle housing, because they reduce the amount of bushing material.
And in my experience, they don't last worth a hoot! De-lamination between the rubber and metal bits occurred within six months of installation ... but I'd be happy to sell you the extra set I've got in the bag

Best,

KAA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Keith, you're a terrible salesman, but thanks for the advise. I'll go with SG3 if I end up lifting.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
bushings