oil seal - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 23rd, 2007, 03:41 PM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

oil seal

had to replace my stub axle and wheel bearings the weekend. it wasn't till i finished that i realised i put the oil seal on arse about face (back to front). will it last this way or do i need to do it all over again

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 23rd, 2007, 03:57 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

If it leaks grease all over your break pads they will wear out in less then 1000 miles, if you drive it a bunch without grease on the bearings because it all runs out due to a backwards seal your bearing raceway's may spin and screw up your stub. So if your lucky and they hold grease you may be ok for a little while, otherwise worse case you're looking at new break pads, possibly a rotor, new bearings and possibly a new hub.

PS I'm busy tomorrow night,,, but I am pretty sure i am free on the 1st Tuesday next month
Old April 23rd, 2007, 04:30 PM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

well i know what i'm gonna be doing next saturday. swivels leaking so might as well do that at the same time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions