Oil cooler lines - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 25th, 2008, 10:51 PM
DieselVol
Van Bingham
none

Oil cooler lines

I was recently told by a seller that the oil cooler line issue is not an issue on the '97's. Any truth to that? Any '97 major issues that I do need to consider since the search seems to have narrowed to a '97 or nothing? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 25th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

They are an issue, but not a big one. Just replace them every so often. The only issue with the 97's is that they are made by Land Rover. Other than that, your good.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old February 25th, 2008, 11:15 PM
TND90
Keith Allen
94 d90 ST

Van,

The 97 lines need to be replaced just like the others as they are 10yr. plus old vehicles and the factory lines will rot over time. There are a few minor differences beween the 94/95's and the 97's, however the fact remains that the lines should be changed and perferably replaced with S/S lines.

I live in the Memphis area and would be happy to show you my updated lines. I got them done locally for about $120.

Keith

Doc Holliday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 26th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

$125 to replace them..... or the possibility of having the truck burn like pot at a Grateful Dead concert.

Your call.

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old February 26th, 2008, 06:28 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

Just use caution when replacing lines on '97's as the fittings thread into the front timing cover instead of the filter housing as on the older motors. The front cover end of the lines use a very low torque (not sure what off the top of my head....read the fawkin manual) and if over tightened will crack the front cover, which is fairly expensive to replace.

Had to repair this for more than one handy home mechanic, and even "factory trained" techs have fawked it up.

new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old February 26th, 2008, 09:22 AM
DieselVol
Van Bingham
none

Keith,
I really live in Lakeland, just over the hill from you. We've all been programed to put Memphis on everything for so long that we just keep doing it. Thanks for the offer.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions