Oil Cooler Line Parts List - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 1st, 2007, 09:45 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Oil Cooler Line Parts List

I have a '94 with the 20mm fittings on the oil filter mount. It seems like the parts lists for replacing the oil cooler lines say I am SOL.

Does anyone out there have a good parts list for the larger size fittings? I plan on just ordering everythng from JEGs or Summit.

Thanks!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2007, 09:51 AM
Gore Ranger
Jeff
1989 RRC

I would see if loykd has anymore kits. the work has already been done and the kits were cheap. I believe he is in VA too.
Old November 1st, 2007, 11:49 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Thanks, I did contact him. He still needed to order a few more parts....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2007, 12:07 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
I have new ECR oil lines that I didn't put on my 94, if you want them $205 shipped.
Old November 1st, 2007, 01:16 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Aren't the ECR lines for the 18mm fittings? They claim they don't have a 20mm kit yet.

I'd be interested if you do have the 20mm kit.

Semper Fi!
Old November 1st, 2007, 01:29 PM
PCRover
Gary Young
'94 90ST -> SW

I need a 20mm kit also. Please post a source if you find one. All the kits I have found so far are the 18mm.
Old November 1st, 2007, 01:53 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Trailhead 4X4 out west (probably near you!) has the 20mm kit. I think they wanted $285 for their kit.

Semper Fi!
Old November 1st, 2007, 01:56 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Rescue
Aren't the ECR lines for the 18mm fittings? They claim they don't have a 20mm kit yet.

I'd be interested if you do have the 20mm kit.
Fortunately for you, I do have the 20mm kit! I ran into the same issue with my 90, a friend here on this board made the 20mm fittings. Apparently 20mm is NOT a standard fitting that you can find.

Here's a pic, it's made out of steel. If he want's to make more, I'm sure he'll post his services or you could go to a hydrualic shop and have a fitting made.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Trailhead 4X4 out west (probably near you!) has the 20mm kit. I think they wanted $285 for their kit.
Trailhead4x4.com is in the midwest (Cleveland, Ohio). The guys does amazing work!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02026.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	10907  
Old November 1st, 2007, 02:08 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
I got my set of stainless from trailhead. Great set. Couple of tips people should know. Even if you use stainless there is still a teflon hose inside it that is susceptible to heat so despite what people say you still need to be careful about heat and fire. Four Oaks that did my install, wrapped the lines from top to bottom in heat shield so if for some reason there was a leak it would force it downward and not on the manifold. Also when installing sometimes it takes some adjusting on the lines so it doesn't leak. Oh and mine is 20mm. Most 94s are.
Old November 1st, 2007, 02:10 PM
PCRover
Gary Young
'94 90ST -> SW

So those are just adapters to get to the 18mm size fittings, then you use the normal 18mm setup? If that is true I could use a set of the adapters if they are for sale. I have found all the other parts, just not any 20mm-18mm adapters like the ones pictured.
Old November 1st, 2007, 02:14 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
[QUOTE=themaxx]Fortunately for you, I do have the 20mm kit! I ran into the same issue with my 90, a friend here on this board made the 20mm fittings. Apparently 20mm is NOT a standard fitting that you can find.

I will most likely take your kit. Can you tell me what it comes with and possible post or email me a pic?

my email is slickwillys@gmail.com

Semper Fi!
Old November 1st, 2007, 02:37 PM
TND90
Keith Allen
94 d90 ST

Another option you might want to consider. Remove the factory oil lines, take them to a racing shop (i.e. Stock car, funny car, drag etc.) and ask them to cut the old rubber lines off the fittings and replace them with s/s flex lines. The guy I ran accross locally even put disconnects between the fittings and lines so they could be easly replaced in the future. They even cleaned the fittings and powdercoated them black. All of this took a day and $120.00.

Just a thought. Good luck.

KA
Old November 1st, 2007, 04:08 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
I will most likely take your kit. Can you tell me what it comes with and possible post or email me a pic?

my email is slickwillys@gmail.com
You can see the lines on ECR's website.
Old November 1st, 2007, 05:43 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
themaxx: PM/email sent

Semper Fi!
Old November 1st, 2007, 05:52 PM
vesparover
brian bertolini

What would happen if you just removed oil lines?

Why not just remove the problem and be done with it? Any adverse affects?
Old November 1st, 2007, 05:53 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
FYI: Spoke to Eric at Trailhead4x4, he has a few oil cooler lines with the 20mm fittings in stock!
Old November 1st, 2007, 06:00 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

If you remove the oil lines, you also have to remove the sandwich plate..... or you're just going to pump all your oil onto the ground within a few seconds and then buy a new engine.

though removing the sandwich plate isn't hard at all, just that you have to remember to do it.

-Hans

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old November 1st, 2007, 06:29 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Yeah, I checked with Trailhead, but they want $285 plus shipping for the kit, just like ECR. I was hoping to build the lines myself and save some $$.

Semper Fi!
Old November 1st, 2007, 07:08 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Yeah, I checked with Trailhead, but they want $285 plus shipping for the kit, just like ECR. I was hoping to build the lines myself and save some $$.
Email sent!
Old November 1st, 2007, 07:56 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
I had the same problem and just had mine rebuilt locally here in Chantilly. I can't recall the name off the top of my head but it's a hydraulic/fitting shop just inside Rt50 and Rt28. I think I got them done for under $100. I plan on doing it again for the lines that came with my "new" engine. I can dig up the name if you want to give them a try.

charles

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
part, parts