Oil Cooler Line Parts List - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 3rd, 2007, 07:40 AM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
removing the oil lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans
If you remove the oil lines, you also have to remove the sandwich plate..... or you're just going to pump all your oil onto the ground within a few seconds and then buy a new engine.

though removing the sandwich plate isn't hard at all, just that you have to remember to do it.

-Hans
I've been running without oil lines since July waiting to buy a new sandwich plate to install Ken's lines.
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 6th, 2007, 05:11 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

I have 4 sets of hoses that I'm going to complete with fittings. This set-up will fit the older radiators with the removable fittings. I think it's 94s and some 95s. This kit requires the purchase (separately) of a Mocal SP1T sandwich plate. I'm going to get another set of fittings and see if they'll fit the existing oil filter housing.

If you've emailed me already, you get first dibs. If you want the kit, email me tonite. If I get more than 4 people interested, I'll buy enough hoses and fittings for more kits.

Price is about $85, plus shipping. (no profit for me, just happy to help out fellow D-90 owners) The Mocal sandwich plate is about $85, as I recall, and you can find them online.

Email me at loykd at yahoo if you're interested. If timing works out, I'll put them into the mail to you either this weekend or first thing on Tuesday.
Old November 6th, 2007, 05:54 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Swap out your Rover oil cooler adaptor for a Mocal. This gets rid of the 20mm fittings and gets you into standard #8AN fittings that are readily available (read that as cheaper). The Mocal plate is usually cheaper than custom 20mm fittings or buying the Rover 18mm adaptor. We no longer use the Rover oil adaptor as it has issues when you install the new style AC (the new filter drier is in the wrong place), The Mocal plate has better fitting placement, works the same and is cheaper (win-win).
Get Mocal stuff here:
http://www.batinc.net/mocal.htm

The rest of the parts are available from JEGS or Summit and are just #8 AN stuff and #8 hose. I used to have the parts list posted to our site, but other shops were ripping off the list and then selling the stuff so I took it down, but I'm sure someone will email you the parts list. If not I will off line.

The only stumbling block you'll have in fitting new lines is if you have a fixed fitting radiator. We have fittings for this and I'm working on getting a new batch made. We'll sell these once I get the new batch in. These convert the fixed fitting radiator to an 8AN fitting with the correct inner O ring seal.

Images here:
http://www.eastcoastrover.com/203.html
http://www.eastcoastrover.com/195.html

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 7th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

What about this? Couldn't guys with 20mm fittings use this to mate with the AN lines?

Also, do NAS 110's have 18mm or 20mm fittings on the sandwich plate? I am not sure which I have b/c I am in CO and my truck is in IL. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks!
Old November 7th, 2007, 12:13 AM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede
What about this? Couldn't guys with 20mm fittings use this to mate with the AN lines?

Also, do NAS 110's have 18mm or 20mm fittings on the sandwich plate? I am not sure which I have b/c I am in CO and my truck is in IL. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks!
Andrew, check out that link again....unavailable!

Also, I believe your 110 suffers the same affliction as the 97s.
Old November 7th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxx
Andrew, check out that link again....unavailable!

Also, I believe your 110 suffers the same affliction as the 97s.
Good call! Fortunately though, it got renamed and if you click the new number it takes you to this page!
Old November 7th, 2007, 12:36 AM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Ahh, that could work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede
Good call! Fortunately though, it got renamed and if you click the new number it takes you to this page!
Old November 7th, 2007, 08:21 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

It'll cost more to buy a 20mm to #10AN fitting, then adapt that down with another fitting to #8AN. The fittings likely cost more than the Mocal plate that costs like 50 bucks with the right fittings. There is also a space issue. There isn't that much room between the frame rail, the AC filter/drier and the sandwich plate. If you start stacking adapters down there it likely won't fit.
The Mocal fitting placement is way better too. I've dicked around with every combination making these lines fit dozens of 90s and 110s and the easiest, cleanest routing and cheapest way (short of just taking the oil cooler lines out) is to toss the 20mm plate and get the Mocal. Just my opinion though.

Some pics to show all the available "space".

Follow-up Post:

One more pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03641.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	10969   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03642.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	10970  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03643.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	10971   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03638.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	10972  

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old November 7th, 2007, 11:30 AM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
Another good thing about the MOCAL sandwich plate is that it includes a thermostat so that your are not sending oil to the cooler _unless_ it is hot.... Should help (how much?) the engine warm up specially during the winter.

Ken, do you remember what fittings and fitting adaptors you use for the lines you had built? I think the only adaptor is on the oil cooler side, right?
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )
Old November 7th, 2007, 11:35 AM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

Loic,
You're right about the adapter. they're only for the radiator side.

Would this work for connecting to the stock oil filter adapter? a -10 to a 20mmx1.5
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Does anyone know the thread size of the bolt that holds in the banjo fittings? Do I understand right that there are 18mm and 20mm size bolts?
Old November 7th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Grover
Mike
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon

Registry
There are 18mm and 20mm diameter Sandwich Plate versions both with a 1.5mm pitch. In the past, I have made fittings that have the 20mmx1.5 thread with the 8AN thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
part, parts