Oil Cooler Line Orientation Question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 5th, 2004, 01:58 AM
dnewman9
Dennis Newman
*SOLD*Conniston 97 NAS 90

Oil Cooler Line Orientation Question

I had a local shop rebuild my oil cooler lines Friday and I was just re-installing them and I am now confused on where they went. The problem is they took the two oil cooler lines and cut them into three pieces each. Four metal tubes are connected by a rubber hose in the middle.

I know which lines fit on the radiator and the rubber lines are the same however I cant remember which mounts are which.

There is one line with a 1/4" nipple and the other line has nearly 1" long nipple with a hole drilled through and an o-ring on the end. One of these goes on the passenger side of the vehicle and the other goes straight up from underneith.

It could be its 11:30pm and I am just not seeing it but any help and or pictures would be appreciated.
Thanks
Dennis

Follow-up Post:

here is a picture of the two ends I am confused on.
Thanks
Dennis
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 5th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Well on quick inspection of my very muddy lines it looks like they both go to the oil filter, the upper hose on the radiator goes high on the filter and the lower hose on the radiator goes lo on the filter. I would take pics but my camera battery is dead.
Old September 6th, 2004, 11:31 PM
dnewman9
Dennis Newman
*SOLD*Conniston 97 NAS 90

A quick call to Jeff at JC Rovers and found the answer, the line with the fluted hole in it goes to the side of the oil cooler. Line with the short snub goes up into the block from the bottom.
Thanks
Dennis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 9th, 2011, 06:24 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Digging up an old thread...

On this serpentine style oil pump, does the line with the hole in the side of it that goes into the side of the oil pump have to keep the hole aligned a certain way or is any way ok? I'm getting some lines rebuilt and want to make sure the orientation is not important and route the lines away from the manifold.

Thanks,
charles

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions