officially a Land Rover owner... - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 24th, 2014, 11:34 PM
chuckc4
chuck b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverRabbitRachael View Post
We tried making it to Massachusetts and the car stalled while driving on the highway. Car restarted after a few minutes, then stalled again. Then restarted. Then started sputtering a bit. Checked all fluids and they are fine. Oil and battery lights come on after engine stalls. We're driving a '97 Defender. Anyone have any hints for us without having to scroll through? Anyone in the south eastern part of CT willing to help us get our hands dirty and figure it out? Thanks for the help in advance, guys!
Do you know when the fuel filter was last replaced?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 25th, 2014, 07:58 PM
RoverRabbitRachael
Rachael Cates
1997 Defender 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckc4 View Post

Do you know when the fuel filter was last replaced?.
Chris might know. We picked one up today and are going to put it in tomorrow. You guys are all great!!!
Old August 25th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Christocat
Chris & Rachael
1997 Land Rover Defender LE 116

Registry
Thanks for all the help from the forum especially from steinhnj and red64chevelle. Fuel test kit was installed and ran at +/- 30 PSI in idle, as soon as you drive and place a load on the pump and drops to 10 PSI or less then stalls. Could get the fuel filter off so I sprayed some PB Blaster on it and will attack it tomorrow after work. Learned a lot today. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 25th, 2014, 09:11 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Highly doubt fuel filter.. If you are getting a good 12 volts to your pump I see a fuel pump replacement in your future..don't forget to buy the 2 nuts and ferrules for the pump unit..and replace the fuel filter anyway..
Old August 25th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Christocat
Chris & Rachael
1997 Land Rover Defender LE 116

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Highly doubt fuel filter.. If you are getting a good 12 volts to your pump I see a fuel pump replacement in your future..don't forget to buy the 2 nuts and ferrules for the pump unit..and replace the fuel filter anyway..
Agreed, the fuel filter has never been replaced, so now i can mark it off my list of things to get done(once its off).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions