Of Nuts and Bolts and Defender Doors - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 17th, 2016, 02:44 PM
RBBailey
RBBailey
1965 IIa

Registry
Of Nuts and Bolts and Defender Doors

Trying to get my doors back on, but the captive nuts I bought don't actually fit in through the square access hole, they are too wide.

So I'm carefully trying to not drop them in by turning them this way and that to get another angle.

Actually, now I'm eating lunch, but after lunch I will do this. So am I at it in the right way, or did I end up with the wrong nuts?

1965 IIa SWB
1988 Saudi 110 (soon to be 300tdi)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 17th, 2016, 02:50 PM
Ash
Ash Heller
6.0 LS 110
D-90 Source Vendor

Nope, you're doing it right. I have seen that the reproduction units are a little easier to fit if you put them into a vise and pinch the cage around the captive nut a little tighter.

Use a thin flat-head screwdriver to help the install -- insert it into the cage nut from the larger rectangular opening in the firewall (the middle of the three holes) and use it to leverage the assembly into place.

There are two different thread pitches out there, so make sure they match your door bolts before going too far.

-Ash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

352-572-3236

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 17th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Naplm00
Matthew
1983 110 200tdi 3 door soft top

I dropped mine in the bulkhead once as well. A $2 telescoping magnetic pickup saved me a lifetime of rattling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 17th, 2016, 03:01 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

One of my least favorite defender tasks.
Old August 17th, 2016, 03:19 PM
RBBailey
RBBailey
1965 IIa

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
One of my least favorite defender tasks.
I'm also trying to put the headliner in today......

Thanks for info, Ash.

1965 IIa SWB
1988 Saudi 110 (soon to be 300tdi)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
bolts, defender, door