Odometer Problem - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 10th, 2009, 11:38 AM
kennybahr
Kenny Bahr
94 D90 Alpine White #1245

Odometer Problem

I just hit 70k miles...however it is stuck about halfway. The numbers are all half except for the current mile (The number on the far right spins right...it just goes from 0-9 but all of the other numbers stay the same. What should I do to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Kenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 10th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Sounds like it may just be busted. If it was stuck, and nothing was spinning, I'd say click on the link in my signature. But if the 1/10 wheel is spinning, then it sounds like something may have broken internally.

A registered Speedo shop may be your best bet.

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old March 10th, 2009, 02:16 PM
wcampbel@nas.edu
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST

My 0-9 kept spinning after I hit 100k but didn't change anything else and I used Hans' solution and it has been working fine ever since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 11th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Huh, I guess it's worth a try then. I was wondering if anybody had been successful with that fix I posted. Glad to hear it helped!

-Hans

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old March 11th, 2009, 12:56 PM
wcampbel@nas.edu
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans
Huh, I guess it's worth a try then. I was wondering if anybody had been successful with that fix I posted. Glad to hear it helped!

-Hans
Ya I was stuck at 100k for about oh 5 years. Finally got off my lazy ass and read your page and fixed it. I am at 100273 and counting now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions