Odd Question. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 4th, 2008, 03:07 PM
1995 D90
Odd Question.

I recently replaced the rear load mat. I sold the bench seat and replaced the bolts on the load floor. My question is is there a bolt out there that has a flat head that will fit flush to the floor. I do not want the mat to tear where the top of the bolts are. Installing jump seats and passengers feet will be right on top of them. Do not want to have the bolts exposed on top of the mat either. Ace Hard. had stove top screws which i thought would work but the tapper on top of the screw still made the screw sit up as high as a regular bolt. Other thought was to get a short bolt and try to go though the under side but I do not think I have enough room. Need to check. Any other ideas. I know its a little anal.

Old July 4th, 2008, 10:01 PM
94 ST
How about using a grommet like rubber stop without a hole.

"It insists upon itself" Family Guy
"Your Defender insists upon itself" Dave Parker
Old July 4th, 2008, 10:37 PM
I have never seen a rover in person
Why again do you want a bolt in there? Pull it out and pack the holes with antiseize of grease and put some tape on top of them
*not legal advice*
Old July 5th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team
Land rover used special dots of black masking tape from the factory. I see no reason not to upgrade and use nicely cut dots of black duct tape.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions