OBD1 question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 26th, 2006, 07:57 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Question OBD1 question

So I have a 1995 D90 and the "check engine" light came on. I have tried unplugging the battery to reset it a couple of times now, but it keeps comming back on. I have looked for an OBD1 display/ plug, and havn`t found anything. So how do I find out why the light came on, and then how do I reset it? Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 26th, 2006, 08:04 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

check under the passenger seat in the seat box, there should be a monitor, if it is not there then you can usually get one for around 10bucks. Once you know the problem, and eliminate it the light will go away.
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:25 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Awesome, thanks. I never noticed that that was a display because I have never looked at it while the truck has been running.

So any word on what "45" means? "Impending Death", I would assume knowing my luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 26th, 2006, 09:19 PM
souza
Dave Souza
1995 Defender 90 SW #275

From http://www.robisonservice.com/servic...r_trouble.asp:

Code 45 - Lambda sensor B - right bank
If one of these fault codes (#44 or #45) is displayed check the wiring to that particular lambda sensor. In addition this fault will be displayed if the vehicle has a condition which causes it to run very lean or very rich on one side (example - a vacuum leak or a bad injector). This code often appears in conjunction with the misfire codes in cases of bad ignition misfire (cross-firing plug wires)
If both codes are displayed, the voltage supply to the heater coils of the sensors must be checked. Check for 12V appearing on the O2 signal lead, and check the heater circuit for shorts.

(a lambda sensor is an O2 sensor)
Old July 26th, 2006, 10:17 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
what are the miles what have you done to the truck
Old July 27th, 2006, 01:55 AM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

I just broke 73,000 miles, and as far as what i`ve done to the truck? Where should I start... $10k worth of work within the past year. I`ll try playing with the O2 sensors and see what the outcome is and go from there. Thanks for the replies
Old July 27th, 2006, 03:12 AM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

that would be just the right side sensor. Check the condition of the wiring first, and clean the connector before worrying about a replacement just yet.

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions