OBD Code p0158.... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 10th, 2009, 11:48 AM
KKilo23
Kenny
NAS SW l NAS ST l 110 SW | 110 Crew

Registry
OBD Code p0158....

This morning came out to the truck turned it on and CEL light was on code P0158 O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 2 Sensor 2). As well as the ABS rough road sensor (comes on all the time) cleared the codes and the P0158 code has not come back on.

This weekend I was in some deep mud, also washed the engine bay and under the truck etc etc with a pressure washer. My thoughts something got wet and triggered the code...

Any thoughts..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 10th, 2009, 11:30 PM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
O2 sensors code will come back (if fault still present) after two engine cycle (cold -> warm -> cold is one cycle).
On my disco, I used to kill one (heater element of one of the) o2 sensor pretty much every time I went in the water.
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )
Old November 14th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Cory
Shane
D90SW 1997

Had the exact same code tonight. Had a long drive today with only a bit of rain. Check engine light came on at the end of the drive as I was leaving Advanced Auto, ironically.

It's Bank 2 Sensor 2 as well.

This was my first long drive with a K&N air filter which I oiled heavily before putting in. More than likely that's the case but I'll need to find the sensor and clean it. Engine's running fine.

I am getting a weird gurgling noise when I put the key in acc position with the engine off. Noise is from the rear of the vehicle and last about five seconds. Has something to due with the fuel. I'll chalk that off as the Amsoil fuel treatment I'm trying and have a fuel filter on standby.

I've cleared the code and if it comes back after I clean the sensor, I'll report back what the fix is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 15th, 2009, 10:04 PM
KKilo23
Kenny
NAS SW l NAS ST l 110 SW | 110 Crew

Registry
Update: Since I have cleared the code and after 400 miles still has not come on...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions