O2 sensors disconnected. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 24th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Marx-110
Simon Marxer
1993/Defender 110

O2 sensors disconnected.

I am curious, I fad my "Check Engine" light come on about a week ago. I finally got around to having a look around and found my O2 sensors were both unplugged from the harness. They must not have been replaced after I had the clutch put in about a week earlier. Anyway the light remains on, will it go off on its own or does it need to be re-set by a shop?
One more thing, I got some rear light guards from Atlantic British and the the bottom mounting location appears to be directly on a reflector! Anyone seen this before, could is this for a 90 only? I don't want to remove my reflector so I will probably just return them. Any ideas on either of these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 24th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Hmmm, well as far as ECM codes and check engine lights go read this for some better understanding

http://www.defendersource.com/faq/Engine/EngFault.html

There is a section in there on how to clear the codes but you can also disconnect the battery for 5 min and the codes will be cleared. I would reconnect the O2 sensors, clear the fault code and see what happens.

As far as the rear light guards, are they the square kind? If so they may have been crushed or squeezed a little during shipping and may need to be tweked a little to fit over the rubber reflector. If that is not the case do you mind taking a pic and posting back?

A little off subject but I see your in the same area of the contry as me (I'm in NH). If you ever want to go out and hit some trails just drop me a PM.
Old July 24th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Marx-110
Simon Marxer
1993/Defender 110

Thanks Mike, I will try the cut off switch thing right now. As far as the light guards They appear to be fine but I will have another look.
As far as hitting the trails, I think I am not in your leauge! Based on the photo you put on your signature I don't know if I could hang! Seriously that would be great. I will PM you if I am heading up your way maybe you could give me some ideas on good places to go for a "winch-less" rookie.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 26th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Cool! I don't currently have a winch on the 90, allot of the trails I go out on have hard parts and bypasses so a guy with a stock 110 can go down the same trail. I'll PM you when I go out on a not so bad trail.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
disco, sensor